Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 unable to load zip library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Have dowloaded the zip ESP8266 library from Github using this link.
https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

When I load it into Arduino v1.8.5 it gives the message , yet looking in the zip file they all seems to be there.

Tried many variations , including an older Arduino v1.6 but still get the same error !

Any suggestions whats wrong ??

Edit - just downloaded V1.88 for Windows installer and put on a different 'clean' pc and then tired to add the same .zip library but just got the same results ..?

001413.jpg

001414.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, yes, did try it with the board connected but same results.

Always found Install from Zip folder to work fine, until today.

Seem to have loaded it in ok by using the Preferences and pasting the link in there and installing from the Boards manager.

001416.jpg

Thanks, yes, did try it with the board connected but same results.

Always found Install from Zip folder to work fine, until today.

Seem to have loaded it in ok by using the Preferences and pasting the link in there and installing from the Boards manager.

That's what I was asking, if you haven't installed the board you can't compile programs for it as you don't have any of the tools installed (they get installed along with the board).

Thanks, getting my y fronts in a twist ( better not use the kn word, not pc correct !:nailbiting::D )

All seems to be working fine, it was to try out a basic esp8266 to PC routine, both of which I know nothing !

However following their write up was able to get it working fine, though plenty of work to do to expand it for wider use.

001423.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back