Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equations during resonance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archit

I have attached the following circuit in which resonance is happening. Initial voltage of capacitor C1 is Vo , ie Vc1(0)=Vo. Vc2(0)=0. there is zero initial current through inductor Lk. Please provide mathematical equations derived from basic KVL and KCL equations happening here during resonance.
I need to show that after quarter period of resonance one of the C1 will discharge completely and C2 will charge to Vo.
Thanking in anticipation.
EDIT1 Assume C1=C2= Cp

Attachments

• RESO.JPG
    RESO.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Parallel tank cct needs a current source. Never a voltage source then V ratio is never 0 an Vmax rather it is C1/C2

I have attached the following circuit in which resonance is happening. Initial voltage of capacitor C1 is Vo , ie Vc1(0)=Vo. Vc2(0)=0. there is zero initial current through inductor Lk. Please provide mathematical equations derived from basic KVL and KCL equations happening here during resonance.
I need to show that after quarter period of resonance one of the C1 will discharge completely and C2 will charge to Vo.

A quarter period starting for where? At t=0, or when the circuit reaches steady state?. If at t=0, you need to do a transient analysis, so you need to set up the differential equation. What is the period of Vo? How are you going to achieve resonance, by changing the L C values, or the frequency of Vo?

Ratch

A quarter period starting for where? At t=0, or when the circuit reaches steady state?. If at t=0, you need to do a transient analysis, so you need to set up the differential equation. What is the period of Vo? How are you going to achieve resonance, by changing the L C values, or the frequency of Vo?

Ratch
Vo is a dc voltage source. L and C values are fixed. t=0 meaning the time when the circuit conditions are given ie when vc1=vo and il=0

EDIT1 Assume C1=C2= Cp

OK, I think I have the equations you are look for. Do you want to publish your solution before I disclose mine?

Ratch

Parallel tank cct needs a current source. Never a voltage source then V ratio is never 0 an Vmax rather it is C1/C2

Question: How can a current source at the resonant frequency send current through a parallel tank circuit when its impedance is infinity? Isn't that like a unstoppable force trying to push an immovable object?

Ratch

Question: How can a current source at the resonant frequency send current through a parallel tank circuit when its impedance is infinity? Isn't that like a unstoppable force trying to push an immovable object?

Ratch
are you getting same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back