Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Derivation of Equations (RC Circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouadalnoor

Hello guys,

I am studying for my circuit theory exam and we are required to derive the RL equations and RC equations for both charging and discharging currents/voltages.

I was able to derive all the equations for the RL cicuit, though im struggling a little with the RC one.

I got this far:

RC Natural Response:

V1 = Vo exp(-t/RC)

I don't quite get how to find the steady state equation. I know that In Steady state equation?

Any help?

Hi,

What have you studied so far, for example Laplace Transforms?

Hello again,

That's good i am happy for you :)
Sometimes some background information is needed to help answer a question because there is often more than one way of doing something, and if you have studied one way of doing it then you'll need that kind of solution. In this case you havent studied Laplace Transforms yet so that solution would have not done you any good at all. If we knew what you DID study already we could have given an appropriate answer or some help at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back