Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy produce

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa01

Hello Friends,

Please anyone tell me ,

Why it is the energy produce from the movement of electrons?

alisa0,

The movement of electrons does not produce energy. The movement of electrons is caused by energy. Electrons can also transfer, absorb, and release energy.

Ratch

Energy also requires a voltage. The unit of energy is called the "electron-volt".
You can look up "electron volt" in Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Energy also requires a voltage. The unit of energy is called the "electron-volt".
You can look up "electron volt" in Wikipedia.

That is a peculiar statement to make. It is not wrong, but different. Voltage is the energy density of the charge. Therefore saying that voltage is necessary for energy is like saying that density is necessary for mass. I suppose you can say that space or volume is also necessary for mass.

Ratch

@ alsia
fundamental law of conversation of energy
"energy cannot be created or destroyed ,it cant only be transformed from one form to another"
so electrons movement doesnot produce energy, but utilize energy .

Last edited:
That is a peculiar statement to make. It is not wrong, but different. Voltage is the energy density of the charge.Ratch

Please quantify your energy. If you need to express an amount of energy, you must use a scientific unit of energy. I chose electron-volt because the OP is talking about electron charge. What units are you using?

Last edited:
Please quantify your energy. If you need to express an amount of energy, you must use a scientific unit of energy. I chose electron-volt because the OP is talking about electron charge. What units are you using?

I am not using any unit of energy, but if I were, I would use the MKS unit of joules or eV like you did.

Ratch

Hi alisa01,

Let's do this over.

Let's talk about movement of Coulombs. A Coulomb is a packet of 6.24 X 10^18 electrons.

W = Q * V

where W is energy in Joules, Q is a charge in Coulombs, and V is voltage in volts.

This energy is released as the charge, in Coulombs, moves (usually through some form of resistance) from higher to lower voltage.

Ratchit: I guess you could call the change in voltage a change of charge density. That would make the explanation more intuitive. Good idea!

Last edited:
ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, "This energy is released as the charge, in Coulombs, moves (usually through some form of resistance) from higher to lower voltage." higher to lower via gravity? more to less, or electron flow or conventional flow? I know, don't go there. ;)

higher to lower via gravity? more to less, or electron flow or conventional flow? I know, don't go there. ;)

Not the force of gravity, but electromotive force: Voltage

We are talking about an electron flow. See the original post.

Last edited:
Bob Scott,

Like V = W / Q

Not watt/coulomb, but joules/coulomb.

Voltage equals total Energy per unit charge.

Not the total energy like translational or rotational energy. Just the energy it took to accumulate the electrons into one spot. When the electrons disperse, they will give up that energy.

Ratch

Not watt/coulomb, but joules/coulomb.
You misunderstand. "W" does not stand for "watts". "W" is the scientific symbol for energy, joules. Power, in watts symbol is "P". I guess the standard came from the use of "W" for Work, which physics terms, is the same as energy.

That's V(Voltage in volts) =(equals) W(energy in joules) /(per) Q(unit of charge in Coulombs)

Yes indeed, W is the energy required to concentrate that charge. Not "energy density per unit charge". Just plain old energy per unit charge. If you disagree with V = W / Q, then

show us your math. Back up your opinion with some figures.

1 Joule = 1 Watt-second (Power * time)
W = P * t
and P = V * I so
W = V * I * t
and Q = I * t and I = Q / t so
W = V * Q * t / t
W = V * Q
V = W / Q

Last edited:
Bob Scott,

That's V(Voltage in volts) =(equals) W(energy in joules) /(per) Q(unit of charge in Coulombs)

Yes indeed, W is the energy required to concentrate that charge. Not "energy density per unit charge". Just plain old energy per unit charge. If you disagree with V = W / Q, then

show us your math. Back up your opinion with some figures.

Yes, your equation is correct if you mean "W" for energy. You will excuse me, as my dictionary lists "W" as the international symbol for watts, as does this link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt

Volts = joules/coulomb is a density because it relates an amount of energy to charge in MKS units.

Ratch

"Conversation of energy", I love it. That is the best I've heard in a long time. I think the Department of Energy are masters of "Conversation of Energy" how else could we get an Enron or Solyndra?

Yes, your equation is correct if you mean "W" for energy. You will excuse me, as my dictionary lists "W" as the international symbol for watts, as does this link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt

There are symbols for power and units for power. We use "P" for power in equations and other symbols for units of power, like W for watts, KW for kilowatts, HP for horsepower.

Volts = joules/coulomb is a density because it relates an amount of energy to charge in MKS units.

Ratch

Finally we agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back