Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnetic / Direct energy devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

misses

Hello everyone!

I am not a native from the fields of electronics and technology so I thought I post my question here.
Recently I came across electromagnetic/direct energy/psychotronic weapons and was quite shocked.

My question would be if one happened to be aimed at with such a weapon which usually seems to be invisible then how to track the origin and thereby the perps? Are there any possibilities?

Thank you.

The reality is: They are mostly fictional.

The only realities are such as lasers, which cause blindness or burns at above trivial levels, and microwave energy, which causes heating at high enough power levels (as in a microwave oven).

As a weapon, either would also cause heating or burns to many other substances in its path, so the origin would be pretty obvious.

The amount of mis-information online about such things is crazy; a lot of stuff like this is taken from fiction then repeated endlessly on different sites as if it is real.

The reality is: They are mostly fictional.

The only realities are such as lasers, which cause blindness or burns at above trivial levels, and microwave energy, which causes heating at high enough power levels (as in a microwave oven).

As a weapon, either would also cause heating or burns to many other substances in its path, so the origin would be pretty obvious.

The amount of mis-information online about such things is crazy; a lot of stuff like this is taken from fiction then repeated endlessly on different sites as if it is real.
I believe Microwave riot control guns are nonfiction.

I believe Microwave riot control guns are nonfiction.
Microwaves are one of the realities I mentioned. The "Riot control" type system exists, at least in prototype form - a microwave transmitter using a dish antenna mounted on top of a truck for focus. It makes people feel like they are being burned, oddly enough!

Apparently it's not very effective even through thick clothing, and rain attenuates it to near uselessness.

I'd not like to think of the effects on peoples eyes, or anything metal a person had, that happened to be resonant, if they were close to it in dry conditions.

An_operational_version_of_the_Active_Denial_System.jpg

Microwaves are one of the realities I mentioned. The "Riot control" type system exists, at least in prototype form - a microwave transmitter using a dish antenna mounted on top of a truck for focus. It makes people feel like they are being burned, oddly enough!

Apparently it's not very effective even through thick clothing, and rain attenuates it to near uselessness.

I'd not like to think of the effects on peoples eyes, or anything metal a person had, that happened to be resonant, if they were close to it in dry conditions.

An_operational_version_of_the_Active_Denial_System.jpg
Whether its useless or not I feel like its a lot of money for a machine that will probably rarely (if ever) get used. The money could have been invested in more small scale riot control devices, but thats just my opinion.

My question would be if one happened to be aimed at with such a weapon which usually seems to be invisible then how to track the origin and thereby the perps? Are there any possibilities?
someone i knew in the Army had once been posted as a border guard in one of those situations where you have fences and guards and a "no-man's land" between them... occasionally somebody would hide behind bushes and use an infrared laser target designator to give a soldier on the other side a "hotfoot"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back