Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encoder & Decoder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

he11fire

I need help to finish this circuit design...The 7-Segment Display output is wrong for every button pressed...There's a relation between button 6 and 9 outputs, because the output of Display after button 6 is pressed is 9, and when I press button 9 the output is 6...I would really appreciate any help.
**broken link removed**

hi,
The 74HC147 outputs are active LOW, so when I1 input is low, 'A' is LOW and B,C,D are HIGH, so the 74LS47 input is 1110, which is decoded as '14'
ie: d,e,f,g are are lit.

Attachments

• 000esp02.gif
    000esp02.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 543
  • 000esp03.gif
    000esp03.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
I put 9 inverters after each push button and no LED lighted ...so I think this part is ok...

Do you mean its working correctly.?

EDIT:
The inverters should be on the outputs of the LS147 to the LS47 inputs.

Last edited:
Do you know why 6 and 9 are not shown complete ?
I mean segment D at 9 isn't activated .
And segment A at 6 isn't activated either...

Do you know why 6 and 9 are not shown complete ?
I mean segment D at 9 isn't activated .
And segment A at 6 isn't activated either...

Its the decoder LS47, see this image

Attachments

• 000esp02.gif
    000esp02.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 415
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back