Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about rf encoder and decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidouuu12

Hello all ,
i just wanted to make a simple wireless circuit using rf transsmitter without arduino or even programming . I have seen many videos using Rf transmitter 433Mhz module , HT12E / HT12D coder /decoder and other components , but as i said they didn't use arduino so they used only 4 channels of the coder and decoder
Capture.PNG
66.PNG

i just want to know why just 4 channels ? and how can i add more channels . if that is impossible with those encode/decoder , with what can i replace them to have more channels and how can i connect them ?
hope you help me and sorry if some technical words are missing

Exactly what are you trying to do?
I want to build an rc car with 5+ movements ( 1 go forward / 2 go back / 3 go right / 4 go left / 5 light / etc ...) each one have its button.
Wich ic decoders/encoders can i choose ? or if there is another solution tell me (except arduino and programming)
Hope you understand me
Thanks.

Last edited:
Why not use the same system that many radio controlled models use. Pulse width modulation. That would give you proportional control on each channel rather than just on/off control. If you only want on/off control of up to 8 channels you could use a UART each end of the link. It is many years since I last used UARTs and they were in a 40 pin DIL package. I don't know if they are still available as most microcontrollers have built in UARts and cost less than I remember paying for a UART IC.

Les.

I want to build an rc car with 5+ movements ( 1 go forward / 2 go back / 3 go right / 4 go left / 5 light / etc ...) each one have its button.

That's a REALLY, REALLY crap way of trying to control a model car, and will be essentially undrivable.

As Les said, use a proper PWM R/C system, as used for model cars - you can buy them at very reasonable cost, and make a proper model.

Here in Australia I can buy a fully proportionaly controlled car for -$20. So, I'd guess the same for something like £10 in th UK. Don't know where OP is but they're just not worth building anymore.

Mike.

Here in Australia I can buy a fully proportionaly controlled car for -$20. So, I'd guess the same for something like £10 in th UK. Don't know where OP is but they're just not worth building anymore.

Mike.

Well they probably are if you're building a decent one, but obviously not just for cheap toys. But even for a decent one, you're probably better off starting with a Tamiya (or similar) kit.

Why not use the same system that many radio controlled models use. Pulse width modulation. That would give you proportional control on each channel rather than just on/off control. If you only want on/off control of up to 8 channels you could use a UART each end of the link. It is many years since I last used UARTs and they were in a 40 pin DIL package. I don't know if they are still available as most microcontrollers have built in UARts and cost less than I remember paying for a UART IC.

Les.
Thanks for the answer but actually i am not an electronic's expert so i can not understand those technical tips.
I just wanted to apply what i have seen in some videos about a wireless circuits using rf transmitters 433 but instead of 4 channel encoder/decoder i want a bit more (6 channels for example)

Thanks for the answer but actually i am not an electronic's expert so i can not understand those technical tips.

It wasn't a viable option anyway, not with the cheap RF modules you're looking at using, they need specific special treatment in order to work with any degree of reliability.

What is your problem with an Arduino solution?, it's cheap and all the work has already been done for you. Size wise use an Arduinio Mini to make it nice and small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back