Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eMMC flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane11

Does anyone know how I can read files from eMMC chip? Yes, I use a programmer but it reads raw bytes only. I need a software that can tells that here starts the first file saved by user , here the second and so on. In other words the software omits system data and makes output easy readable. Does anything like this exists?
Or how can I find the start/end of each file?
Thank you

Fir you need to know which filesystem is used on that flash. Then you can mount it and read the files.

If the files are of the same type and size, yes it can be read... If they are not, then there will be a header for each file.. Can you see the raw data? If it were me, I would write a small program to access the data byte by byte and shift it to a PC so I could analyse the data... If they are pictures, then they will most certainly have headers..

It's all down to your capability.. What device is this eMMC out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back