Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

elementary problems inserting custom models into ltspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Krehl

Hi All!
After installing the new version, I needed a high voltage ZETEX transistor ZTX658. Grabbed the model from their site, pasted it to the ltspice standard.bjt file, renamed a standard npn to ZTX658.
I was a little surprised that this did not work at all.
Pasting the model into the drawing as a spice directive: Same negative result.
I am not a regular user: What did I miss? I browsed several tutorials: Can't find a mistake. Can anybody help me?

pasted it to the ltspice standard.bjt file
Where was this file located? The Windows version of LTS installs it in two places but apparently uses only the file in the \Documents\LTS\lib\cmp folder.

Thank you for the hint, it helped a lot! I am working on an apple, the standard.bjt the progam folder is not used at all apparently. There is a copy in a place that can not easily be found by guys like me more suited to a windows system. It is located in ./Library/Application Support/LTspice/lib/cmp. Thanks again!

Ah. Useful to know if I ever get an Apple :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back