Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics Anti Rust for car

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebra

I am looking for an electronic anti-rust circuit to protect my far from rusting. Anyone here has any idea or and link that I can refer t?

Anti-rusting circuit? What? Never even heard of such a thing. Got a link or somthing on this one?

I believe that's wear you connect a battery, capacitor, and car chassis in a series circuit. THe capacitor prevents a short-circuit while still allowing the current to flow to allowing the battery to supply the "lost electrons" during rusting rather than the iron in the chassis.

That said, I would use a sacrificial anode like strapping a block of magnesium to the chassis (covered of course...)

I am looking for an electronic anti-rust circuit to protect my far from rusting. Anyone here has any idea or and link that I can refer t?
I'm pretty sure this is not possible. Paint works, what is the matter with paint?

I think it is a SCAM.
Modern cars don't rust. Rusty old cars rust and it is too late to prevent more rusting.

Hello,

No, this is a definite working idea. Rusting occurs due to oxidation which
is caused by electrons.
Big apps include huge steel ships, which use electronics now to control rust
better than ever before, much better than having to repaint cyclically.

Hello,

No, this is a definite working idea. Rusting occurs due to oxidation which
is caused by electrons.
Big apps include huge steel ships, which use electronics now to control rust
better than ever before, much better than having to repaint cyclically.

They use a sacrificial anode - have a look at

Sacrificial anode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bit inconvenient having to drive your car in the ocean though?.

The Russians made a cheap rusty old car (the Lada).
Datsun and Hyundai (the Pony) made some rusty old cars.
Ford made many rusty old cars.
The first Honda cars broke in half from driving over a little bump.

They rusted away in one month.

My Ford Ikon, budget spectrum car, has small traces of rust where it was chipped be stones, etc.
My Mondeo have no rust where paint was chipped off.
Magical coating applied to metal that sticks like wet cow poo to a woollen blanket.
What is that stuff called again?????

What I'm trying to say, don't buy modern cars that is too cheap, step it up a level or two, it'll pay in the long run.

My Ford Ikon, budget spectrum car, has small traces of rust where it was chipped be stones, etc.
My Mondeo have no rust where paint was chipped off.
Magical coating applied to metal that sticks like wet cow poo to a woollen blanket.
What is that stuff called again?????

Zinc - many modern cars use galvanised steel bodies.

The Russians made a cheap rusty old car (the Lada).
I remember them.

If I'm right they're now banned here because of their poor safety record.

The last time I say one was in the Ukraine where there are lots of rusty old Soviet era cars which are falling to pieces.

I think Fiat sold the tools for making their old cars to the Russians. Then the Lada was actually a very old design and they made it as cheap as possible.

Actually SUZUKI cars are fitted with an electronic anti rust component.
Many drivers do not know about this.

It is a resistor. 910 ohm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back