Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic theory and equivelant models in physical sciences

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke5frf

Hi forum.

I've been reading many posts from beginner and intermediate students and hobbyists where basic questions can be sooo easily explained, in many cases in a non-mathematical way, with equivelant or parallel concepts of fundamental physics. In other words, every day examples that tap into "common sense" about the world around us that the "mysterious" electron hides in its atomic invisibility.

Experienced professionals, especially those with an engineering or scientific background, and even those of us who have self educated over many years, will undoubtedly have made the connection and had the "aha!!" moment.

I've been trying to answer some of these threads with those kinds of every day examples. I try to avoid verbosity but even these things can find their way into confusing or technical territory.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile for a "sticky" or a special forum (I realize there is a theory forum already) or some blog with various people contributing and editing, kinda like a wiki I guess, would be a good idea?

Kind of take each concept and bring it down to a high school or college freshman level.

To be honest, I'm very surprised that some of the actual engineering and physics students who ask the questions haven't been taught the basics in this manner in the classroom!

Opinions?

I tend to think along the lines that the available information is out there already and 100% available at least on the Internet, and although these forums do tend to try to concentrate things down a bit to more specific uses, encompassing a complete review of all related subjects would be... bulky to say the least.

Schools tend to lean towards only teaching what is required, NOT necessarily what is best for learning or understanding things from a broader perspective. I would think the broad perspective and the slight gaps that are found here on these forums are actually best from a learning perspective. The information that is lacking is available elsewhere, and the perspectives of the users here is colored and practical.

To over specialize is the death of a forum. If we lose that individuality and continue to generalize further and further the 'whatever' that makes this forum up will go with it.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying. Perhaps I'll take the time to create my own website based on these techniques and occasionally pass it by the forum for editorial purposes (I like a critical eye because I'm sometimes innacurate or mistaken even when I think I'm right haha)

And then I'll figure out a way to just have it linked in an appropriate way if it turns out worthwhile.

I wonder what concept is most often confused by the student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back