Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Switcher for Compact Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

enridp

Hi!! I will try to be brief because my english sucks :(
I need to switch (connect and disconnect) two CF (Compact Flash) memories.
This is the scenery:
One CF is connected to a camera (which is writing on it)
One CF is connected to a CF reader (which is copying the data to a HD, and deleting from the memory)
When the CF connected to the cam is full, I need to disconnect it from the camera, and connect it to the reader, BTW I need to connect the second CF (empty) to the camera.

I want to do that from my computer (or at least pressing just a button).
I don't know the pinout of the camera and the reader, so I was thinking in Analogic Switches, like 4066, but it has only 4 ports and there are 50 pins in the CF card, so I was looking for a better solution.
Also, the 4066 is not a perfect switch, I mean, it has a Ron, Roff, and capacitance too, and I don't know how will affect it to the system, because when I have one CF connected to the reader, is not connected too to the camera (because the imperfect switch)?

I hope somebody help me with this because I'm stuck :(

Thanks !!
Enrique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back