Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic switch with Optocoupler and IRF350 Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello! we have the same project Romel, I'm looking for a schematic diagram for the connection of the two components..

Indeed you do, I was just about to report this thread to the moderator for being a duplicate. :D

Do you go to the same college?

Definitely, we are in the same college. Anything you could share mate? I am looking for this in google, the schematic diagram of these optocoupler and fet connected together and function as a switch to a motor. Any advise?

Last edited:
Have you looked at using a solid state relay?

Last edited:
No, we are not instructed to use such relays. We must focus on using an optocoupler and a FET(IRF350), any ideas? I don't bother to ask questions about using another device because our Professor will just ask me if I'm listening to his instructions or not. His instruction is just to use an optocoupler and a FET, connect the two and make it function as a switch for an AC motor.

And you want someone to do your homework for you?

No, we are not instructed to use such relays.
Were you instructed specifically not to?

Is so you might get extra marks for using your initiative.

Last edited:
To put a different slant on this..... the world needs more young people starting out in engineering, even if they do use 'certain techniques' in their homework assignments.

Online right is probably a good place for older people to share their knowledge & experience, and maybe even be remembered for decades afterwards!

But remember, Students!!, this Forum is easy to find with keywords through Google, so it's equally easy to find by your Professors, Tutors, and Examiners, who'll see easily just how 'original' their Student's submitted work is!

Last edited:
Here is a crude circuit which will work. There is a better, more efficient way of supplying the gate voltage which I'll leave up to you since this is a school assignment. Same goes for the component values.
acfet-png.31835

Attachments

• ACFet.png
    ACFet.png
    9 KB · Views: 2,918
And you want someone to do your homework for you?

Oh c'mon, I was just asking for help, a guide, I am not trying to tell someone to work my project for me, I am just not sure of what I'm going to do that's why I am asking for advises from you guys who are already expert in this field. Geez!

thanks for all your help.. i will post a final circuit in this thread if i have tested all your given ideas.....thanks a lot..God bless..

hi!
i would only like to say thank you for the hints on this page.
actually romel and i are in the same school,and having the same problems regarding on how to design it correctly using an optocoupler and a MOSFET.

but please help me to correct the circuit that i have designed.

i'll post it later.

both kchriste's circuit is working..but i did my own circuit from kchriste's idea. i just did a little revision...
..your replies contributed much to me..
Let me post later my circuit..
God bless you all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back