Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic scoreboard project

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec123

Hi,

I want to make an electronic scoreboard for tennis for my coursework project. I want the device to display the score in games, the score in sets, and a clock to show the duration of the game.

If anyone has any ideas or knows of a circuit diagram I could base this project on I would be grateful to hear from you.

Cheers

What are you planning to use for inputs? A pic would be very useful as well as switches could be easily added straight onto the board and the circuitry would be simple. By any chance are you doing it for GCSE?

Will

I was planning to use simple push switches, I'm doing the project for my A-level's but we don't cover pic's. Would it still be relatively simple to construct for a novice?
Do u no anywhere I could find a circuit diagram I could base my project on? coz i'm crap at drawing circuits from scratch!!

Thanx for your help

Why not use counter IC and a led display(big ones)

As for the clock i dont have a idea!

PS:
you need 4 counters for the score (get your cash reedy :D )

Electric rain,
Thanx for the reply,

I have a few questions from your reply:

1. How can the count down circuit be adapted to count up?
2. How do I adapt the circuit to count up in hours aswell as minutes and seconds?
3. How can I adapt the ciruit to add a reset switch which will set the counter back to zero?

Thanx for the shortcut to the circuit diagram of the 7-segment counter circuit.

People don't thank me much. :D You're welcome. But I'm afraid I can't answer any of your questions. :oops: :? :( I don't know the answer to any of those. I'll try to think of a way to help you... but I don't know very much. :|

I think you can check https://www.howstuffworks.com, there is a good circuit there for a clock using counters, your problem there will be the accuracy of the refrence timer (555 IC most of the time). In usign up and down counters, there are IC's that can be configured as an up or down counter dependent in the configuration, please do search for them in the web.

**broken link removed**

I am trying to make scoreboard for cricket by using 7 segment displays, which will display total runs, wickets, and overs . Just like in the picture but I am going to have two 7 segments for Wkts. Everything else will remain same.
I am going to have 5 push buttons for total runs, two push buttons for wickets and two push buttons for overs.
For total runs
I am going to have 5 buttons. If you press Button number 1 it will add 1 to the total. If you press button number 2 it will add 2 the total. Button number 3 will add 4 to total, button number 4 will add 6 to total and button number 5 will set the total to zero. This 5 buttons are only for the first three displays.
To display Wkts
I am going to use two 7 segment display and going to have two buttons. Button one will add 1 and second button will set to zero.
To display overs
I am going to use two 7 segment display and going to have two buttons. Button one will add 1 and second button will set to zero.

some one please help me.

Last edited:
HI! this is my first post here.,, can anyone help me on how to design a scoreboard on basketball?... I really need a circuit diagram about it.... thanks and have a nice day!

electronic scoreboard

hi!!!
i want to make a project on electronic scoreboard that can display the points scored by two teams
in a sporting contest or a quiz. it should b controlled by remote control and we can add or deduct points. it should be using pic. can anyone pls give me some ideas how to do dat?

I have recently finished building the "console" portion (part that the person sitting at the table enters the scores on) of a scoreboard for my son who is a coach at a high school. Am just now beginning to delve into building the "Big" display board.
All the important data in the console is directed to a 25 pin connector that will feed the big board it's data, etc.
However, it has been built with all discreet IC chips (no programable chips, other than the "clock" kit I used for the up/down clock functions.
Also, the final version will have the power supply located in the big board.
It works pretty good, was a pain, but worth it.
Had to get plenty of help from that "other" electronics forum board. I think I wore my welcome out over there.
Anyway, I have all my documentation contained in a "word" doc and it is approx 37megs big.
If you'd like to take a look at it and perhaps garner some insite, you certainly may e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back with the doc, etc...
(all wires, no wireless)
Oxbo

Last edited:
Hello, I have a circuit diagram of basketball scoreboard by using two 7 segment displays, I have finished it last weekend and it could work.
If you need it, you certainly may e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back with the circuit diagram.
zhyh8341@126.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back