Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Piano/Organ/Synthesizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsimmons

Afternoon All

I wondering if someone is aware of a currently available organ IC?

I'm thinking of something like the old Holtek 3421A, 2 octaves, x number of voices etc etc.

Regards

Tom

Have you tried google? Thare are many,many of them on the net. Andy

Have you tried google? Thare are many,many of them on the net. Andy

Maybe my search terms are too vague then, but all I have found are archived spec sheets of things like the extinct Holtek or Digital Signal Processors. A DSP would do the job, but I have no idea how I would go about programming two octaves of say 20 voices with a micro and a DSP.

Tom

Try "music from outer space" Andy

Interesting site.

However unless I have missed something, these are all synthesizers, where you are basically setting the resulting instrument up to play your desired note.

The Holtek 3421 was I guess more strictly and organ, it had voices ie piano, violin, organ harpischord etc defined in it, you choose the voice you want to use then bang out your tune on the 2 octave keyboard and it takes care of the whole ADSR etc for you. This is the kind of IC I am trying to find.

Tom

Keep looking, try "Diy organ synthesizer" Most of the old chips have been outdated by micros, I think you my have to go with discrete parts.Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back