Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic ECG Patient Simulator 12 Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadia1

Hi,

I am looking for circuit diagram of ECG Simulator (preferebly 12 Lead). If any one can help me with it. The ECG simulator is a device which generates PQR rythem just like your heart generates and with its help you can check and test a normal vital sign monitor.
Thanks in advance.

tofik said:
I have have same with your project.It's difficult,nobody publish on the web
uhhhh....

Hi there,
One of my firiends have informed me that he can help me with it, infact he has the entire project in his hand. If I get it I will publish it on web.
Rgds
Jeani

Emulating each of the leads in an ECG/EKG recording, assuming one wants a change in one lead to be appropriately represented in each of the others, would require a understanding of cardiology and the mathematical models for heart conduction. Nevertheless, such a program would be very useful for teaching, and I was surprised the previous postings seemed to find such a dearth of information on the subject.

So, I did a quick search on "ekg emulation" and got numerous hits, including ones that gave both electrical and audio emulation. Here is one that looks interesting and is may be right on point:
https://www.freepatentsonline.com/6980850.html

John

jpanhalt said:
Emulating each of the leads in an ECG/EKG recording, assuming one wants a change in one lead to be appropriately represented in each of the others, would require a understanding of cardiology and the mathematical models for heart conduction. Nevertheless, such a program would be very useful for teaching, and I was surprised the previous postings seemed to find such a dearth of information on the subject.

So, I did a quick search on "ekg emulation" and got numerous hits, including ones that gave both electrical and audio emulation. Here is one that looks interesting and is may be right on point:
https://www.freepatentsonline.com/6980850.html

John

This thread is REALLY old and filled with a bunch of slackers looking for a hand-out, I don't know why there are recent messages.

Thanks Very mush mr. jpanhalt

thanks mr. jpanhalt , but i'm still looking for a designed circuit ... if u or anyone knows the circuit could u pass it over and i'll be really grateful .....

mghtt84 said:
..., but i'm still looking for a designed circuit ...

I am not quite sure what you exactly you want. For example, it would seem really quite difficult to design, in hardware only, an electronic circuit that would mimic the EKG wave pattern for each lead and would allow changes as needed for instructional purposes.

My guess is that anything that could do that would be primarily software driven, probably on a PC, and the hardware would be relatively simple. It would probably include multiple outputs and D/A converters for each channel, which also assumes that you want an analog recording.

Why wouldn't a display on the PC monitor suffice, which brings this comment full circle to asking you to be more specific in what you are trying to do. JOhn

the purpose of this simulator is to Exam an ECG device or check the cables because i faced that kind of problem and i had to test the device on me and this is not practical ..... so i need a hardware design which i believe its already exist.

Why not record several channels and play them back on an endless loop.

First and foremost, if you are doing real-life testing, you should obtain a device designed, thoroughly tested, and approved for that purpose. I would not want to trust my life or anyone elses to something a hobbyist devised from information on this site.

You rarely see a patient who walks in and has a flat line on EKG (some patients die waiting). Thus, there is what can be called an internal standard. A qualified technologist should be able to tell a mechanical or electrical problem from a physiological problem. John

jpanhalt said:
First and foremost, if you are doing real-life testing, you should obtain a device designed, thoroughly tested, and approved for that purpose. I would not want to trust my life or anyone elses to something a hobbyist devised from information on this site.

You rarely see a patient who walks in and has a flat line on EKG (some patients die waiting). Thus, there is what can be called an internal standard. A qualified technologist should be able to tell a mechanical or electrical problem from a physiological problem. John
What makes you think he is a hobbyist? Several real life development engineers hang here. We work for real grown up companies too. For sure!
For hardware and firmware development we often have to design and build our own tools.

Papabravo said:
What makes you think he is a hobbyist?

First off, let me apologize to anyone who was insulted by the term, "hobbyist." To me, it differentiates avocation from vocation. I often refer to myself in that way in areas in which I am not specifically employed, but nevertheless consider myself the most competent person available at the time. Similarly, I consider "fix-it man" as a compliment rather than an insult.

But, specifically to your question, the poster (mghtt84) used these phrases: ".... i'm still looking for a designed circuit ... if u or anyone knows the circuit could u pass it over and i'll be really grateful .....;" and "..... so i need a hardware design which i believe its already exist."

Those statements struck me being more typical of what I would expect from someone who was not particularly familiar with the hurdles, including IP issues, of getting a medical device to market, particularly for a large manufacturer, than from someone who was a development engineer for such a firm.

That could be wrong, but no harm was intended. Since the poster's purpose apparently has to do with performance validation, let me add just a little more to my comment about internal controls and the importance of having a trained technologist/technician. Individuals who are familiar with statistical quality control, but unfamiliar with diagnostic medicine, often make assumptions about how controls should be used to ensure quality. Some of those assumptions, unfortunately, have become law in the USA and have resulted in enormous costs with no measurable benefit. The truth is, I would put my faith in the opinion of a good technologist/technician about whether a test batch was bad rather than in an artifical control. The most common cause of a control failure, by far, is a faulty control. Clearly, if a control fails, one has to take corrective action. In my experience, however, when a tech feels that a test is unreliable, even when the controls seem okay, there is probably a problem with the test.
John

I agree that there is an enormous difference between testing something in a development environment and testing multiple units in production for shipment. If you think the OP is not working for a device manufacturer then there is no reason to raise these issues.

In fact many young engineers in an organization will avoid asking for help from inside the organization for reasons which are probably altogether obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back