Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest a less expensive alternative to create the dual dice circuit would be to use an Atmel 2313 cpu to drive the two seven segment displays. All you'd need is the uC, the seven segment displays and current limiting resistors, a pull-up resistor and a spst switch, and your power source. You can program the 2313 using Bascom's AVR Basic, which you can get for free in 'limited' form, which programs up to 2K of code. I wrote a dice program for 2313 that lights up the segments in a circular pattern several times before it settles on a random number, giving the illusion of rolling dice. With the addition of a piezo-speaker I could add sound effects as well. Of course, if you were a PIC-head you could use a PIC cpu just as easily. Good luck.

Mark

Hi! I'm doin my Electronics coursework! i am goin to be makin an electronic dice....n i need help wit a brief description of the problem. i dnt know what my problem could be! can sum1 plz help me!

just to throw an idea in -

i made a dice using a 4017B, with all but the first output connected to a 12-way rotary switch, and the common on the rotary to the reset pin on the 4017B. basically, u could turn the reset to any number u liked, and the dice would only count up as far as that number...

Here is one that I did some time ago. The switch allows one die or two dice to be selected.

The 4516s are configured to count from 1 to 6.

It could be modified to include 7 segment display drivers and 7 segment displays.

Len

Attachments

• Digital_Dice_1.gif
    Digital_Dice_1.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,524
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back