Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic brainiac's help needed!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasthopeforpeace

hi all, my first post, this may sound unusual but i'm looking for something to save my sanity/liberty/hearing/marriage, etc, i know that this exists because i saw one working over a decade ago, its a problem solver. . . . has anyone ever had a noisy neighbour? comes in at midnight - drunk - cd player on max - wakes your family up - wont answer door no matter how hard u bang on it, i'm not going to call environmental health because it's always random & early hours, soooo . . . . . back to the "DEVICE" i once saw, it was the perfect nemesis, when this was switched on anywhere near an amp it distorted anything that came out of the speaker, it passed the disturbance through a brick wall, some kind of er. . . pulse/feedback thing, dont know how it worked, but the one i saw looked like a wooden beam with 2 nails protruding with various wires, useless description i know but i'm hoping to jog someones memory, i'm going to call it the !!!disrupter beam!!!,. . . . ok your turn techies, tell me what this is &, how it works & how can i obtain one? any advice greatly apreciated :confused:

hi all, my first post, this may sound unusual but i'm looking for something to save my sanity/liberty/hearing/marriage, etc, i know that this exists because i saw one working over a decade ago, its a problem solver. . . . has anyone ever had a noisy neighbour? comes in at midnight - drunk - cd player on max - wakes your family up - wont answer door no matter how hard u bang on it, i'm not going to call environmental health because it's always random & early hours, soooo . . . . . back to the "DEVICE" i once saw, it was the perfect nemesis, when this was switched on anywhere near an amp it distorted anything that came out of the speaker, it passed the disturbance through a brick wall, some kind of er. . . pulse/feedback thing, dont know how it worked, but the one i saw looked like a wooden beam with 2 nails protruding with various wires, useless description i know but i'm hoping to jog someones memory, i'm going to call it the !!!disrupter beam!!!,. . . . ok your turn techies, tell me what this is &, how it works & how can i obtain one? any advice greatly apreciated :confused:

Short of an AK-47 spray, I can't think of a way to trash someones stereo by remote means.

Lefty

I don't know about the nails or wires, but a stout piece of wood or a baseball bat would probably do the trick (if you got enough stuff in your pants to use it)...

yeah, Lefty's right. This come up here every so often. There is no magic solution. No practical electronic device will help.

I don't know about the nails or wires, but a stout piece of wood or a baseball bat would probably do the trick (if you got enough stuff in your pants to use it)...

Naww, nails and barbed wire add a nice touch to a wooded club.....

Seriously, just file a complaint with the cops, live with it, or move. We have all been there, you know they aren't going to change their ways, not alot you can do.

Last edited:
cool ideas fellas, the ak's out of the question given my firearms ban & the very techie baseball bat just isnt practical in this situation, cant be arsed to drag the plod away from the doughnut shop & i'm not going to move, this can be done electronically other than an with an emp, i've seen it done but knew i'd never need a device like that & theres an electroterrorist out there that knows what my disrupter beam actually is,:( i'm thinking along the lines of electro magnet - speaker magnets err em this is where the idea sort of tails off. . . . . but thanks for the intrest in the thread so far

All I can think of is EMP. You got any nuclear warheads laying around :eek:

just rememberd, one of the components was a COIL, an automotive coil, maybe 2 coils, out of a vehicle, yep its coming back to me now but dont expect anymore informative flashbacks like that, coil/coils, wood, nails, wires, come on people someone must know what i'm talking about???

Try googling EMP generator.
Of course that is probably not legal. And kids don't try this at home. :)

Last edited:
thanks mikebits, looking like it might be an emp, that search brought up the book, Electronics Gadgets for the Evil Genius, possibly a diagram in there? the device i saw years ago did'nt fry the music centre it just made it unbearable to listen to - so it got switched off! people are saying it's not going to happen & there is'nt a practical device available that will remote switch off my neighbour . . . . . . . . but there is, i've seen it working, the days of the disruptor beam are here!

thanks mikebits, looking like it might be an emp, that search brought up the book, Electronics Gadgets for the Evil Genius, possibly a diagram in there? the device i saw years ago did'nt fry the music centre it just made it unbearable to listen to - so it got switched off! people are saying it's not going to happen & there is'nt a practical device available that will remote switch off my neighbour . . . . . . . . but there is, i've seen it working, the days of the disruptor beam are here!

You forgot to include the Evil genius laugh, Muhaha :D

**broken link removed**

I remember a great scene from Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chase trashes the stereo of his obnoxious neighbor purely by accident:

He was up on the roof attaching christmas lights when he slipped and fell. He grabbed the rain gutter to save himself, but by so doing yanked the thing down and out flew a huge rod of gutter shaped ice. It flew straight through the neighbor's window, trashed the stereo, and by the time the neighbors arrived home the ice had melted.

There was no coil...

YouTube - Why is the carpet wet Tod?

Last edited:
Best you could do with the items listed, would be to mess up FM reception with arcs and sparks. CD player speakers, don't think so. You'd need a lot of power to reach very far (inches).

LOL, Nice avatar there Peace :)

FM stereo is easy to mess with. I had a neighbor who was also a bud of mine. I use to figure out what station he was listening to, tune my Fluke Sig gen to his station and crank the output to +13dBm with a short wire on the output. Sudden silence and I would cackle evilly :) He would change the station and I would again put silence to his demonsterous shrill. I had fun for at least 30 minutes until he came down stairs and he knew I was messing with him. It was fun for a few though...

Here is a simple electric method to retaliate for the noise which works well in apartment homes with central heating:

When "music" seized you'll know that your nice neighbor has gone to sleep. Use your vacuum cleaner and lean the suction hose against a radiator in your apartment.

The water pipes take care of a healthy sleep for him. :)

Last edited:
That devise is called WIRE CUTER

cut of his power source and it will be noisy only by him swearing.

you wan't to start a full on war with him or not???

their quite some nasty things you can do to convince hime to change his behaivour

Robert-Jan

That devise is called WIRE CUTER

cut of his power source and it will be noisy only by him swearing.

you wan't to start a full on war with him or not???

their quite some nasty things you can do to convince hime to change his behaivour

Robert-Jan

Yeah, that is a real good plan. :rolleyes:

**broken link removed**

i've narrowed it down to the section on my living room wall where i think his music centre is directly behind, i dont mind drilling a couple of deep holes in the wall maybe just short of breaking the surface on his side, then sliding the probe things or dispurter beam antenna in the hole to get me as close as possible before switching it on, (i'm saving the evil laugh till then mikebits :D) all i gotta do now is find out how to make it. some good outside the box ideas from some of you, liked the utube vid! he's usually drunk so i think he'd sleep through the vacum cleaner on the pipes, cutting the wire. . . . i could probably get someone i did'nt care much about to try that in case something went wrong but powers underground? you've opend my mind to other ways of obtaining the peace & quiet i need from my neighbour but i cant help feeling that i'm supposed to do this. . . . i'm supposed to build the disruptor beam & i'm supposed to share the plans with you lot! . . . . . . . . . . . bit like john locke on the island? . . never mind, thanks for the imput so far.

I used to have a neighbor (who has since moved) who had a friend who would come over and park on the street and talk on his CB radio (~27MHz) which would bleed into my home stereo. His truck had large antennas on it's roof and I assume it was powered by a large linear amplifier (maybe 50+ watts?). This was all about 30 feet away from my house. Something like this would probably have a much more pronounced effect it if was only a foot or two away through the wall...

yeah jbeng that idea did cross my mind, when my ugly sister lived with us she'd key the mike on her rig to talk to her cb friends & it would freak out our television but i put that down to her tx blocking the rx of our tv antenna, i've an old 25w vhf taxi radio in the loft i could try that or i could pick up a cb for next to nothing since the whole cb movement died a death years ago.
when my phone connects to the cell & is near my speaker it generates a field that my speaker blurts out above anything else, my phones very low power but can hit the amp enough to cause this effect so i'm confident that something could be built that would direct/amplify/channel this field of energy to my neighbours stereo amp? i know microwave energy dont travel too well through walls but maybe i could direct it through his window, i'll do some experiments with the taxi radio wired up to a yagi directional antenna & see what happens to my stereo, could be onto something???

Two not-very-legal suggestions:-

Find out what make of stereo he is using. If it was made in the last 10 years it is almost certainly remote control. Buy a universal remote and program it for the right make of stereo. Turn it down when you want.

Buy a set of radio control adaptors, the things for turning stuff on and off remotely. Buy a resistor of about 5 k?, 10W and wire it into a plug from live to earth. Put the plug into the remote control adaptor and get it plugged into a socket in his house, out of sight. When you want to shut him up, turn on the remote control adaptor. The current will trip his ELCB. The remote control adaptor will reset to the off position so he can get everything started again, but that also makes it almost impossible to trace your addition. You can test it all out in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back