Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electron Gun from old CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some states have an E-waste program that allows you to turn in old CRTs for safe disposal. If that's a color display, the glass has several pounds of lead which really doesn't belong in the landfill, rotting just above your water table. Look up E-waste in your local directory.
the same here.

If you have about 1000 lbs of old circuit boars, someone will buy it for about $10.00 to recylcle all the metal and plastic out of it. Of course it will cost about $2000.00 to ship it to the facility...one of the major problems with recycling. Thats why in Canada, the Government is charging a heafty "recycling" fee on any large electronic product...such as a flat screen....non-optional ...of course!!!

Follow mneary's suggestion - look up E-waste in your locale and dispose of these items properly and safely. Electronics contain recyclable metals ( copper, aluminum, steel, gold, lead & tin). In my area, there are machines that separate electronics into their metal components, and shred the non-metal pieces. Recyclers pick up large quantities, and welcome personal drop-offs. A government-sponsored commercial asks, "If you're still sitting on your old electronics, what are you waiting for?" It shows an easy chair made from CPUs and laptops.

Damn. I would be happy if there was so much free electro garbage (that may even work) in my country.
I buy things like metioned for about a euro.

there is its called bin diving u go to places that deal with it and look in there bin at nite i go computershops rubish bag pull out working hdd go telecomications site jump there bin loads copper wire and every now and again theres ex boards in there gota 50v 600w high stable psu out there bin it fully works even got its full data sheet from suppleir also ur local free shops that sell stuff for non profit have good stuff in there bins and inside ur dump to try suppleirs to like electronic sales shops they do returns that mite be able to get

You can't use a CRT to make an oscilloscope directly, as it won't deflect fast enough to view any waveforms over 100 kHz or so. Monitors and TVs with CRTs use magnetic deflection to get high deflection angles, making the tube short from front to back. However the inductance of the deflection coils makes high deflection rates impossible.

Analogue oscilloscopes use electrostatic deflection, which allows much faster waveforms to be viewed, but the deflection angle is low, so that the CRTs are very long.

Of course, a digital oscilloscope can use a slower display.
This comments make me dream about a large tripple-channel oscilloscope, where each channel has it's own color on the screen.
But, as you said, the tube was never designet for that kind of use.
Maybe if the coils where rewoundet to decrease inductance.

u can use tv tube u can just make cct that plugs into it like normal rf or av or make a cct that uses tube derectly and is tuned with it but yes it wont be as good as a normal scope or it will be delayed sos not in time with wat ur measuring im planin on makin a a hardcore scope from a masive crt be using alsorts of gear in it pic valve transistor
i should consider using lots rear veiw projection tv tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back