Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromechanical Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

krich

I've got a project that would be ideal for use with electromechanical display technology, similar to what you see on transit buses or in airport/train station signs. These displays come in either 7 segment or matrix varieties. They are typically yellow and very high contrast for very good daylight viewing.

I've been able to find a source for new displays, but expensive. Considering these types of displays have somewhat fallen out of favor (maintenance?), I figured I could find some used displays fairly easily, but have been unable to find anything used or surplus. Any ideas?

On a related note, I've seen some 7+ segment displays at rental car counter signs that look to be standard LED displays, but they are super high contrast. Any idea what these are or where I can find a source?

Last edited:
Well, sent them an email but have yet to hear back.

Does anyone else have any ideas or sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back