Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

70's LED Displays Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolvr

Hi all,

Remember these? Common during the 70's in calculators until LCDs came along. 5 digit 7 segment + decimal point red LEDs. 14-pin DIP package.

Any remote chance someone still makes these or some surplus supplier somewhere might have these?

TIA

-- Dan

Attachments

• LED DIP.JPG
    LED DIP.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 291
Surplus shop will be your best bet, or perhaps a garage sale where some old goodies are sold, local auction house ?

Don't know what country you are from, so can't give you any names.

I am in the USA. I checked Mauser and DigiKey before posting. Nothing like what I'm looking for. I think it will have to be found at a surplus place. What are some good surplus electronics houses in the US?

An old Hewlett-Packard opto catalog (c.1985) lists that device to have a part number of 5082-7405 or -7415. Dial Electronics in the UK claims to have them: http://www.dialelec.com/148.html (about 1/2 way down the page). Not cheap for £23 or £29 (unless that's for a tube). I got to Dial's site by a Google search for that part number. Other places claim to have them, too.
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back