Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrolytic or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

I've been placing random 10uF Caps on the 7805 regulator and am uncertain wether I should be using Tantalum, Ceramic, or Electrolytic caps on the 7805 to act as filters for the 12V to 5V reduction via the 7805. Also what capacitance should I use if 10uF is incorrect for filtering

I really don't think it matters very much - I simply stick 1uF multilayer ceramics on the input and output, as I have plenty of them. Previously I used to use small electrolytics, 10uF or so. It's not for filtering, it's to prevent oscillation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back