Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electro Tech Online software upgrade this FRIDAY system will be unavaiable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmiyares

Administrator
Hello everyone

I just wanted to let you know that we will be doing a major upgrade on our server software and theme/style this coming Friday (8/24/18) in the morning EST. The forum will be unavailable for a few hours while the upgrades are being made.

-Dave

Thank you! This problem makes the site very difficult to use on my phone, where it never was a problem previously.

Wait! How can I see how many people disagree with me? I only see how many people LIKE what I said. Also, I no longer see the buttons to Agree, disagree, or funny a post - now I can only agree with everything. Not fun for a disagreeable person like me.

Wait! How can I see how many people disagree with me? I only see how many people LIKE what I said. Also, I no longer see the buttons to Agree, disagree, or funny a post - now I can only agree with everything. Not fun for a disagreeable person like me.
:hilarious:

Why is location of users no longer visible under his name on the post?

I liked seeing it before clicking on stuff too. Also, I liked Czech Republic better than Chechia. While we are at it, I also liked former yugoslav republic of macedonia better than Macedonia.

I seem to be getting a lot of timeouts. It's like it's going off line for 5 mins every hour or so.

Mike.

I liked seeing it before clicking on stuff too. Also, I liked Czech Republic better than Chechia. While we are at it, I also liked former yugoslav republic of macedonia better than Macedonia.
Well, we still are Czech Republic officially, they are only trying to promote the short Czechia so that we finally have an official short version of the name like Slovakia etc, instead of the long complete name.

Will we have updates every Friday or can this thread be hidden, moved or deleted?

A general comment, There are several things which I preferred in the old software, some things which could be done in one mouse click rather than the two clicks which are needed now.
But all in all, from my view point it seems successful. Others may not agree, that is their prerogative.

JimB

With the old software:
I can go to post #100, quote some words, write some words. Then go to post #2 and quote and write.
With the new software:
When I move from page-2 to page-1 all that I wrote is erased.

I can't see any improvements, just various features that disappeared. Why was the software fixed when it didn't appear to be broken.

Mike.
Because 2.0 is so much better, cooler, faster, mobile-enabled, sexy and advanced vs 1.0.

It even LOOKS faster!

It does fix the visibility issue on cell phones! A good upgrade as far as I am concerned.

It does fix the visibility issue on cell phones! A good upgrade as far as I am concerned.

That is very selfish of you. Didnt you read the problems other people are having with it and the lack of functionality. I couldn't even "disagree" with your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back