Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electro muscle stimulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi, I wish to build an electro muscle stimulation device and I have found this particular site. (**broken link removed**). Do you think that it is worth building and is it comparable to the commercial systems? If not, can anyone give me a good design?

Hi 99717

Can I ask why you want to build one?

They are very cheap to buy and can be had for has little as £10.00 in the UK?

I can't vouch for the design but most TENs units are about the size of a cigarette packet and battery powered (9V alkaline usually). I wouldn't be happy powering one from the mains, especially if home made, for obvious reasons.

Your original article mentions TENS and yes they are that cheap. **broken link removed** for example.

Is your application for pain relief, nerve location during surgery or a different application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back