Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electro magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_b2

I need to wind my own electro magnets in order to make a micro solinoid for a hand project I'm working on. I know the whole "wrap some wire around a nail" deal, but I need something smaller, like how to make the steering magnets in a Bit-CharG. If anyone could help me out or give me a link to some site, it would be greatly appreciated.

little_b2 said:
I know the whole "wrap some wire around a nail" deal, but I need something smaller.

have you thought of using a pin? it is if i think a lot smaller. That is as small as i can think.

Good Luck

or you can use 3 pins as a core ...if one is too small.
some inductors you find in filters have a good magnetic performance and are quite small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back