Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric scooter (brushless or brushed motor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the certificate, yea i think i should have it because motor has more than 300W of power (mine peak power is 1400W). But i highly doubt police would stop me and ask if it has more than 300W :D

I dont know about accidents, they can happen with regular bikes too, but it is also hardly to happen because i will have very good brakes so i could stop immediately

The scooter was driving on the sidewalk which is illegal because a sidewalk is for pedestrians.
Pedestrians are not supposed to walk on the road.
You can not insure a motorized vehicle that is "experimental" and has no brakes.

Does anybody have insurance coverage for an accident between an ordinary bicycle and a pedestrian??

Does anybody have insurance coverage for an accident between an ordinary bicycle and a pedestrian??
Numerous insurers offer public liability insurance for pedal-cyclists. Presumably those insurers have customers :).

About the certificate, yea i think i should have it because motor has more than 300W of power (mine peak power is 1400W). But i highly doubt police would stop me and ask if it has more than 300W :D

If there is a hp or W limit it is usually "propulsive power measured at the rear wheel". It's not motor size, although people will try to tell you that.

So assuming your motor runs 70% efficient, and your driver circuit runs 80% efficient, gearing at 80%, you are still legal with measured power of 300 /0.70 /0.80 /0.80= 670W going into your motor controller.

Considering that can be 670W right from a standstill, that still makes for a pretty high performance scooter. :)

You may be right :) and as you said, that makes it pretty high performance scooter

Today, i have programmed arduino uno, and now you have throttle on steering wheel like on motorcycles, and now i have rear brake too :)
But my rear wheel is not so good, roller bearing are also not the best, disk (for brake) is not perfectly flat and for now i am using a lot just to overcome that things. When i put new perfectly round wheel, new disk and roller bearings i think i could travel for at least 0.5km more
Before i have put disk brake, ESC was warm but not hot. Now it is hot, that tells me that it is using much more power for the same speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back