Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ebay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Is it right for someone to put an item up for-sale, starting the bidding at say $25, but in the description say;

Buy IT Now price 650 GBP

EMAIL ME AT ****@****.com BEFORE YOU BID,OR I WILL CANCEL THE BID !!!

I am too lazy to read up on it, but maybe someone has already read about it. I am curious...

No, it should be reported to e-bay and negative feedback should be left against the user.

I didn't buy from them... I just see it so often while looking for laptops that it makes me mad...

Seriously, just send an e-mail off to e-bay's complaint department, and send the user bad feedback, they may even have a 'report bad auction' button somewhere. People that do that bypass e-bay's percentage on auctions and they go after them like rabid dogs. I don't care what the users reason for trying to bypass the minor charge is but it's dishonest, and that's not someone you generally want to do buisness with anyways.

You can't give a user bad feedback unless a transaction is made. I guess it wouldn't hurt to report them...

If they are dishonest posting the auction, how much confidence do you have in the item or seller? Ebay should force them to honor their comittment or ban them. Laptop for $25? Seems like they should have caught that...

Ebay does, can't catch them all. As with anything that you do on the Internet you have to be wary and always watchful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back