Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

China Ebayers depots in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

I expect many UK Ebay buyers for electronic goods will have noticed many China based sellers using Portsmouth as their UK dispatch point.

You can see many listings from many different sellers, but look further into the listings and its often from the same source/seller.

What I'm wanting to establish is, if Portsmouth is just for one actual seller or is it base shared by many different sellers.

The reason being, one seller from there is not coming up with the goods, but the only other seemingly different seller with the same item also uses Portsmouth, so it would be pointless me going to them if they really are one and the same ?

They are indeed the same, the reason is that seller is an importer and regularly gets kicked off ebay, so they have multiple names and accounts. The seller isnt actually Chinese they are from the UK but they are part of a Chinese import scheme that makes me think there is alot more to it than meets the eye. Even for China the prices are below what you can possibly manufacture for........only one kind of business I can think of where that is useful ;), or to put it subtly..ever heard of Chinese laundaries? You might say your being taken to the cleaners (literally) lol.

One think I have noticed about these sellers is that a number of them have a sentence near the end of the advert saying that the buyer may be responsible for paying import duty. I do not understand the reason for this as the seller Being in this country (The UK) has imported the items.

Les.

The buyer is always responsible for any tariffs not paid by the seller. Of course my only international sale was a laptop I sold to a Canadian, 20 years ago.

Have you checked if a Free trade zone does exist at Portsmouth? If so, maybe they keep the goods there. While in the depot, they are in UK but to be send to the Customer, he is who has to pay the Custom Duties in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back