Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EASY $$$ for someone who can build this for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDOT

OK here's what I need:
A very small board (1"X1" or less)
6 leads coming from it
2 leads for power to run the IC (+9v)
2 leads for on/off (momentary)
2 leads for output.

When the momentary on/off is closed, the output leads close and open 30 times per second.

The output leads cannot provide any current, they must simply open and close a circuit that has +5v, super low amps running through it.

The 30Hz figure is not important, in fact it could be up to 1000hz. Just no less than 30.

Basically one of those LED flasher kits would work, except they apply voltage from the 555 to light the LED and I know absolutely nothing about the 555.

I am far too busy to try and build this myself. I would rather pay for it and I thought this would be a great place to look for someone that could do it.

Please respond to this if you are at all capable of building it. I will pay up front, and if things work out the way I plan there may be money out there for additional units. Thank you

Do you just need one of these ? Could it be a prototype ?
How much current will the out put leads(contacts) have to carry ?

I would start with one to make sure it works.
Current would be 5v at a very low amperage. I can get back with specific amps (mA) if needed.

Couldn't edit my original post....

The current that would pass through the "output" leads would be no more than 5v, 130mA

I am basically stupid when it comes to IC's and such so I'm sorry if my description was hard to understand.

Basically I need a really small relay that when leads A&B are closed, leads C&D close and open 30 times per second.

Thanks,

Donny Dotson

This is the circuit, I can build it for you for $100. I have not checked the layout, but with SMD, it should not exceed 1/2 sq in. Let me know your interest.

Russ
russlk@yahoo.com

Attachments

• DSDOTCKT.jpg
    DSDOTCKT.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 688
I am very interested. I thought of using the relay, and will if the 555 is not capable of acting as one.

Will the relay be able to cycle at that frequency though?

Is there any way the "pushbutton" switch could be wired in series between the 9v and the rest of the circuit, so no current was drawn unless the switch was closed? It would be in the very top right hand side of your schematic, the way I am seeing it in my head.

I will email you to discuss specifics and payment method. Thanks for replying.

The purpose of this FORUM is to exchange ideas, NOT money $$$$$.
And simpler is better !

Suggestion: No board or IC, just a relay. Wire in 5 connections.
Power, Ground[Coil(-)], the N.O.(normally open) or N.C.(Normally closed) contacts..2 Leads..your output, and one jumper from the normally closed contact to the coil (+) side.

Use a 5V or 12V relay that has two sets of contacts.
( A DPDT, double-pole double-throw ). On one set of contacts, wire in your source,12V or 5V to the common connection. Then, wire in the N.C. connection to the Coil(+).
Use the other set of contacts N.O. or N.C. for your output.

What happens:
When power is applied, the relay coil energizes, thus breaking the connection on the N.C. contact..> the relay looses power.
As the relay deenergizes, the connection is made again, powering the relay. The result is that the relay cycles ON and OFF at a rate determined by the Ton and Toff times for that particular relay.
My guess is that the relay will cycle >30 Hz. If not, you can overdrive a 5V
relay with 12V. This will decrease the Ton time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back