Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle PCB Layout Smoothness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is when route the traces between the pads using the Route tool the traces directly connecting to the middle of the pad.It cannot never changed.So after export it looks likes overlap.

When I use the Wire tool directly to draw the traces I can edit them using Move tool without overlapping the pad hole.

Last edited:
The thing is when route the traces between the pads using the Route tool the traces directly connecting to the middle of the pad.It cannot never changed.So after export it looks likes overlap.

I see why your are confused. Depend on the DRC to tell you when there is overlap. What you see in the editor will PRINT correctly. Do not use the export or a screen capture, use the PRINT (PDF) to get a PDF file that you can take with you and print on most any computer.

Convince yourself that this works by creating a layout with no DRC overlap errors. Then PRINT(PDF) it to a file. Look at that file with adobe reader and you will see it is what you wanted.

I see why your are confused. Depend on the DRC to tell you when there is overlap. What you see in the editor will PRINT correctly. Do not use the export or a screen capture, use the PRINT (PDF) to get a PDF file that you can take with you and print on most any computer.

Convince yourself that this works by creating a layout with no DRC overlap errors. Then PRINT(PDF) it to a file. Look at that file with adobe reader and you will see it is what you wanted.

I now get it confirmed by the Eagle software V5.After converting to the PDF it will give you a nice layout (with No overlapping errors) Thanks for that :)

But if you export it to an image it will export with those overlapping errors.:(
So never use that.

Thanks Guys I think I got everything that I expected

Thanks

Always glad to help. But please do as suggested and start with the schematic editor. You will be glad you did and save a good deal of time too.

Oh yes! why not thats why I again shifted to Eagle, its always on my mind "the schematic capture".I'm going to do the schematic first.

Ya first I'm creating my own library & place the parts that I always needed.That makes a lot easier other than searching the whole lot of parts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back