Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle - Names - Numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
My first PCB with Eagle is for a cicuit with basically the same hardware repeated three times.

After a tidy up of names and values of the first "chanel" I simply copied it twice and connected things. The surprise was the awkward numbering I got for the IC's.

THere are a total of 3 IC's in each channel. I got one of the IC's numbered as IC60!! And the worst of it that the numbering in the two copied "channels" is not sequential. Actually, it went in the second channel and the twin, numbered as IC16 went to the last.

In line with the above, why I cannot give names that do not exist in the schematic?

Example: The very second IC I ADDed, got number IC3 because Eagle insisted in saying that IC2 "already exists". Partlist and netlist (obtained with EXPORT) do not show any IC other than those in the schematic.

When you mention making duplicates, was that done on the schematic or board? I hope the schematic. There is a ULP (renumber) that can be useful. I think the best way to get the problem sorted out would be to show the schematic and board -- or at least the affected portion -- here.

John

Duplicate made in the schematic.

My laptop is not handy. Will try to post.

Hey, I hate to cross sites, but this may help you:

Best wishes,
Der Strom

The reason

Hola John,

Thanks to you, yesterday I was experimenting again.

The complaint from Eagle is about me using "IC" to NAME the device that has (or has not?) "IC" in its name for the package, and so on...

Used "ChipXX" and all seems to work.

Traced the problem thanks to renumber-sch.ulp and another one I cannot recall by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back