Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Cad Parts List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I find the Eagle parts list export function to be very inadequate. 1 line for each part is silly. It does not match similar parts on 1 line like; C1-6 .01uf. Instead we get a 6 lines for the same .01uf part.
Are there any utilities out there that assist Eagle into creating a more manageable looking PL?

Thanks

I don't use Eagle so I have no idea what format the file is in...text? What I have done in the past is take the parts list or bill of materials and imported it to Excel. After parsing into columns, I run several sorts to get all like components together in one group on the sheet. The final sort is by vendor's part number, which ensures that 10uf tantalums are not lumped with a 10uf electrolytics for example. Maybe this will help...or not.

Perhaps CADSOFT has to take a cue from some one to change the format and design a consolidated list to simplify the issue.

I find the Eagle parts list export function to be very inadequate. 1 line for each part is silly. It does not match similar parts on 1 line like; C1-6 .01uf. Instead we get a 6 lines for the same .01uf part.
Are there any utilities out there that assist Eagle into creating a more manageable looking PL?

Thanks

Hi Mike,

there is a difference between a part list and a BOM (Bill Of Material).

A part list uses one line per component. If your circuit contains 100 resistors with the same value the part list will accurately name each part in one line.

The BOM uses one line for the 100 resistors (may be two or three to name the parts).

Here is a BOM example:

After modification using windows word it looks like that:

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• BOM.gif
    BOM.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 3,456
  • BOM-02.gif
    BOM-02.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 2,251
Last edited:
I have Eagle 5.7 and when I run the BOM.ULP I get one component per line and I did not find any other scripts for parts list.

How did you get a listing with parts grouped together on one line?

Mike

I have Eagle 5.7 and when I run the BOM.ULP I get one component per line and I did not find any other scripts for parts list.

How did you get a listing with parts grouped together on one line?

Mike

When you run BOM.ulp click values box under list type. See attached.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Your attachment doesn't work but I tested with Eagle and yes indeed selecting "Values" does the job. I taught this was just sorting the list differently and when I used it before my circuit only had one of each components so I didn't see the difference. That's awesome, I was using Excel but no more!

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
When you run BOM.ulp click values box under list type. See attached.

**broken link removed**

Wow! Are you using $ on your PCB design? (U$1, U$2)

Why is the second one double as expensive as the first one? (MAR45M)

Wow! Are you using $ on your PCB design? (U$1, U$2)

Why is the second one double as expensive as the first one? (MAR45M)

No, that was an artifact from my first Eagle schematic. I have since then corrected the expensive part issue:) I just picked a random schematic to create a example of the BOM thingie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back