Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle 7.6 problem with Win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I have recently switched to win 10 (64 bit) and yesterday got the latest version of Eagle (64 bit). I used it last night without any problems. However, this morning it wouldn't run. Win 10 showed the busy cursor for 1 second and then nothing, no error message, nothing. I tried rebooting - same, reinstalling - same. I finally resorted to uninstalling Eagle and installing the 32 bit version. Voila, all working again.

It could be just coincidence but I thought I'd post here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Mike.

I have recently switched to win 10 (64 bit) and yesterday got the latest version of Eagle (64 bit). I used it last night without any problems. However, this morning it wouldn't run. Win 10 showed the busy cursor for 1 second and then nothing, no error message, nothing. I tried rebooting - same, reinstalling - same. I finally resorted to uninstalling Eagle and installing the 32 bit version. Voila, all working again.

It could be just coincidence but I thought I'd post here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Mike.

Hy Pommie,

Two days ago I installed EAGLE 64 bit, free light version 7.6.0 on a Lenovo T520 laptop which has been running Win10 since Xmas day 2015 and it installed and ran seamlessly (fingers crossed that it continues OK).

Win10 does take some time to settle down after it has just been installed and at first I had a few minor wobbles with EAGLE and with a NAS but they simply sorted themselves out. I got the impression that Win10 was mapping its new environment in the background. Also you need the very latest update for Win10.

Running Disk Clean-up sometimes helps on any OS when things go wrong.

One thing the free UK versions of EAGLE does is to open an advertisement in a small window and then minimize to the task bar along the bottom of the screen.
Just click the icon on the task bar to get the full screen.

Did you uninstall the previous version of EAGLE from Control Panel> Programs and Features and then do a restart before installing the new version of EAGLE?
You won't lose your projects, or user libraries but best to back them anyway. The later will be left in the old EAGLE directory and need to be copied over to the new EAGLE directory. Then the old EAGLE directory can be deleted.

Did you have a look at the EAGLE directories to see if they were OK.

You can try running the eagle.exe file directly from, C:\EAGLE-7.6.0\bin\eagle.exe

Apologies if I am mentioning stuff that is obvious.

spec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back