Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dying birds and millions of fish... your thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you finally convinced me to try using the ignore list! :D

By the way you cant tell me you are using it since I will never hear about it. :)

Anyway as relating the subject of this thread the thing is what is the difference between a few hundred to a few million animals dieing off from an unknown cause, disease or natural occurrence?

What I mean is millions of fish, birds, deer, rodents, pets, and countless other creatures die from starvation, floods, weather, and other things every year. Around here many small ponds freeze solid every year and each spring there are loads of fish all floating around dead until the scavengers clean them up. Same with many other forms of wild life that just where not capable of surviving a bad winter or other natural event.

Poisoning and disease are able to be tested for and usually tracked with reasonable success but many other things that just cause animals to die are just nature doing what nature has alway done. Just be cause we humans cant put an exact description or explanation to something still does not mean its good or bad rather its just not presently understood.

Last edited:
I tend to think it may be the infamous "bird flu" !;)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I tend to think it may be the infamous "bird flu" !;)

I don't know HiTech but I have heard rumors that the 'plasicus flamingus' species is unusually susceptible to high winds. One good gust catches them off guard and their done for. :eek:

At least with some helpful human intervention they do seem to almost always make a full comeback unless a malevolent puppy gets a hold of one while its down of course! :D

Is it me or does ETO just seem quieter and more stable now? :p

Last edited:
I don't know HiTech but I have heard rumors that the 'plasicus flamingus' species is unusually susceptible to high winds. One good gust catches them off guard and their done for. :eek:
What else should one expect from a bird that has two legs but chooses to stand around on only one of them.

What else should one expect from a bird that has two legs but chooses to stand around on only one of them.

The same thing I expect from people have full brains but for what ever reason chose to only use half of them in daily activity, easily caught off guard and tipped over as well. :D

"Fireworks my ass."

Hello folks... Do I need to put this into a question ? Let's just discuss I guess...

Haarp ?
Pole Shift ?
Ronald McDonald ?

EDIT: well just so you are up to date with what's happening... here's a listing of the recent events.

Dead fish and dead birds make the news again today. Manchester England is reporting hundreds of dead fish in a pond and Sullivan, Missouri has hundreds of dead birds lining a street of their town. This makes 19 events total with the 15 events last week with the new four events this week.

Here is the complete list:

*December 30 - dead fish totaling 100,00, started washing up along the sides of the Arkansas River.

*December 30 - dead fish, over 100 tons of sardines, croakers, and cat fish wash ashore in Rio De Janerio.

*December 31 - thousands of dead birds, red winged black birds are found in Bebe, Arkansas.

*January 1 - hundreds of dead birds found near Murray State University in Kentucky .

*January 4 - 500 dead birds, red wing black birds, found along highway in Point Coupee Parish, Louisiana.

*January 4 - hundreds of dead fish wash up on the shores of St Clair River Sania, Ontario, Canada.

*January 4 - thousands of dead fish on the banks of Spruce Creek, in Orange, Florida.

*January 5 - Chesapeake Bay in Maryland sees the biggest mass kill off to date, 2 million fish.

*January 5 - Tyler Texas reports 200 dead birds.

*January 5 - 150 dead birds surface in Wilson, Tennessee.

* January 5 - 50 - 100 dead birds, crows, found on a street in Falkoeping, West Sweden.

*January 5 - Kent England, 40,000 dead velvet swimming crabs, wash ashore.

*January 5 - New Zealand, hundreds of red snapper was ashore many of these fish have no eyes.

January 5 - another dead bird event, which are the white doves in Italy. These dead birds were found to have killed themselves by over eating, authorities report, according to the Huffington Post.

On January 6 - thousands of dead fish washed ashore on Folly Beach in South Carolina, according to ABC News

January 9 - dead birds were found along a stretch of Highway 101 in California.

January 10 - dead fish were discovered floating around the Chicago lake front and harbors. Another strange event that was documented in Chicago was that Canadian Geese and Mallard Ducks were feeding off the dead fish. This is not something that is in these birds diets, according to Huffington Post.

January 11 - dead birds reported found along the street in Sullivan Missouri, according to Fox News 2.

January 12 - Manchester England reports hundreds of dead fish floating in a pond in that city.

Dead birds and dead fish: 19 events with latest dead fish in Manchester (list) - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

thats all from some cheap-skape that decided to dump chemicals into the river/ocean instead of paying for proper disposal!

ah:( such idiots:mad::mad::mad:

there are so many people that are so ignorant they don't even care about the earth-where we get all our resources from!!!:eek:

-Ben

Last edited:
January 9 - dead birds were found along a stretch of Highway 101 in California.

I grew up out in the country and for my entire life we have bailed hay along well traveled roads. Dead birds, and about everything else, can be found there by the dozens per mile all year round so I have a pretty good explanation as to what happened to them. No news or shocking finding there.

*January 4 - hundreds of dead fish wash up on the shores of St Clair River Sania, Ontario, Canada.

I take it not too many people pay any attention to what common things they see when they go out on a river or lake. Dead fish is a common one. Minnows and smaller sized fish make up the vast majority of the fish population so a few thousand of them dead at any one time is still only a fraction of the millions more that are out there still alive.

A lighting strike at just the right time could easily kill a whole school of the same species of fish at once or a submerged power line shorting out or low oxygen occurrence in poorly aerated water could do it. Also if you where not there or are down stream or down wind in a lake from the event the whole mass of dead fish could have been from some distance and time away. Possibly a few days a way if the current is good enough or there is a limited number of scavengers to clean up the dead ones.

Just my theory's.

Yeah I agree that some massive deaths happen since always...

But it seems condensed in a really short period of time, those in the news.

Those animals work with the magnectic of the earth, especially the birds.

Looks like the movie THE CORE, lol... or Flash Foward (just started that serie and it's pretty awesome).

Maybe the conspiray theorists aren't all that far off base after all:

Anticipating the USDA possibly removing that document, we have posted a copy on NaturalNews servers at:
https://www.naturalnews.com/files/US...

The original source URL of this file was:
**broken link removed**...

This document shows that, just in 2009, the following bird populations were poisoned and killed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, using taxpayer dollars:

(Listed as "Intentional" and "Killed / Euthanized")

Brown-headed cowbirds: 1,046,109
European Starlings: 1,259,714
Red-winged blackbirds: 965,889
Canadian geese: 24,519
Grackles: 93,210
Pigeons: 96,297

...plus tens of thousands of crows, doves, ducks, falcons, finches, gulls, hawks, herons, owls, ravens, sparrows, swallows, swans, turkeys, vultures and woodpeckers, among other animals.

**broken link removed**

We have a lake here a few years back they did the same thing to the fish. Then they replanted with trout and cut throat. They had some trash fish that were taking over the lake and eating eggs during spawning. Now the lake is back to it's best but, it took some time.

Edit: It suddenly came to me, are they trying to slow bird flu or at least slow it down by trimming the numbers.

Odds can increase by increasing chance. Ratio to human population and chance encounters. Change the food chain and change the chances of encounters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back