Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dying birds and millions of fish... your thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the title of this thread?

Nothing to do with flying fish. But I won't stand in your way of being a ....

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Nothing to do with flying fish.

I don't think anyone here but you has any clue about what you talking about brownout.

At what point did you come to the conclusion that anyone was talking about flying fish or that this thread had anything to do with flying fish? :confused:

I don't think anyone here but you has any clue about what you talking about brownout.

Speak for yourself. Most members understand things you can't.

At what point did you come to the conclusion that anyone was talking about flying fish or that this thread had anything to do with flying fish?

Oh I dunno... maybe something about fish and planes a few minutes ago. Evidently, you don't have a clue about what anyone is talking about.

Well I will be the first to admit that I certainly don't have your level of intellect and/or understandings of the world and you have more than made that clear countless times now.

So can we get back to the topic of the thread now? :confused:

Well I will be the first to admit that I certainly don't have your level of intellect and/or understandings of the world and you have more than made that clear countless times now.

You could choose to avoid matching wits by not making childish personal remarks, but I'm not so naive to think you will stop.

So can we get back to the topic of the thread now? :confused:

That's completely up to you.

Last edited:
You could choose to avoid matching wits by not making childish personal remarks, but I'm not so naive to think you will stop.

**broken link removed**

Well, so much for getting to the thread topic:confused: Something told me you were BS'ing about that.

And I'd be amazed if someone could tell what your post has to do with anything that's been discussed.

Last edited:
Well if you two guys want to keep acting like school kids having a hissy fit over a jelly bean, how about I toss a coin and let you guys choose which way it will fall. One more post from either of you bickering will result in a little holiday so it's upto you guys who will be the first to face the wrong side of the coin. It you guys can't get along remember there is an ignore member option so it may best to use it.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

USGS National Wildlife Center has found the birds have internal "blunt force" trauma. They believe the birds were frightened by loud noises:

**broken link removed**

That tends to happen when you fall out of the sky

That tends to happen when you fall out of the sky

Did the laws of aerodynamics suddenly change? Reports are that the birds were roosting, blackbirds typically don't fly at night due to poor night vision.

Fischer, of the Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study in Athens, Georgia, said the bang startled very large roosts in a square-mile area in Beebe, Arkansas, 40 miles northeast of Little Rock.

If they do, they tend to fly into objects.

Blackbirds do not normally fly at night, and it was not immediately clear what caused the odd behavior. Loud noises were reported shortly before the birds began falling, according to the game and fish commission.

Other possible causes are thunder, lightning or hail. Also, nobody knows why exactly what caused the trauma.

Initial examinations of a few of the dead birds showed trauma. Whether or not this trauma was from the force of hitting the ground when they fell or from something that contacted them in the air, we don't know," she said.

Hopefully, we'll know more soon.

The Commission will carry out further, more detailed tests to rule out other causes but it confirms that the birds died from physical trauma, resulting in internal hemorrhage and death. No signs of infectious disease was discovered.

Last edited:
Quote Brownout, "Other possible causes are thunder, lightning or hail. "

How many roosting birds have you ever seen fly because of this? The area I live in gets huge flocks of starlings/blackbird roosting when they migrate, in all my years I have yet to see any fly from a thunderstorm. My on the other hand is a totally different subject.

Can you give a source for this information?

Quote Brownout, "Other possible causes are thunder, lightning or hail. "

How many roosting birds have you ever seen fly because of this? The area I live in gets huge flocks of starlings/blackbird roosting when they migrate, in all my years I have yet to see any fly from a thunderstorm. My on the other hand is a totally different subject.

Can you give a source for this information?

I've seen many groups of roosting birds suddenly fly for various reasons. It can often start with just a few, and grow as a large flock follows. Some folks round here can cause roosting birds to fly just by banging a couple old buckets together.

I got the info from various sources. I think CNN was the source for a few. I just used google and some key words.

Last edited:
A squirrel running up a tree can cause "mass takeoff".

If the "head birds" take flight, the others will usually follow.

If the "head birds" take flight, the others will usually follow

Seems like many people have that mentality too. :(

Seems like many people have that mentality too. :(

I will now inject some reasoning to this, Most species will and do have a predominant leader. If fear, hit's that one individual. It will confuse the rest and now "Fear" takes control.

Those subjected to mass confusion are subjected to the most unpredictable aspect of Human or Animal instinct. Fight or Flight.

Both you and Brownout agree on this.

kv

I will now inject some reasoning to this, Most species will and do have a predominant leader. If fear, hit's that one individual. It will confuse the rest and now "Fear" takes control.

Those subjected to mass confusion are subjected to the most unpredictable aspect of Human or Animal instinct. Fight or Flight.

In a way I see that as a driving force behind this whole mass hysteria about mass deaths in nature. With animals the most fit for the title of pack leader earn that spot accordingly. With humans those top leadership positions are unfortunately gained more often than not by lies, deceit, and trickery where in the animal kingdom that behavior gets weeded out in short order.

That is how and why we get these over the top media driven non issues brought out now every time something the average clueless person never knew about happens even when its something that has always been happening since the beginning of time.
Our false leaders raise a fuss over nothing, usually to keep us distracted from what they are really doing, and the masses start eating it up until they find reason enough to panic again all without having ever put a thought into how common 'stuff just happens' in nature.

The thing is overall nature is not kind caring and humane its brutal and has no concerns or mercy regarding what dies and how. If you are not part of the pack and protected by the pack you are either an enemy or a meal waiting to happen.
In these mass death occurrences nature see them as it free lunch's delivered to the local scavengers who are to be fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Both you and Brownout agree on this.

As far as brownout goes I agree with many of the things he says. Its his incoherent and usually off subject mental wanderings while acting like they are rational and well thought out ideas and its everyone else who does not get them, thats what gets to me.

Wow well I didn't really understand the last 2 pages... There is no flying fish and swimming birds in the subject by the way.

Here a little thing to read to be aware of the subject guys:

Dead fish and dead birds make the news again today. Manchester England is reporting hundreds of dead fish in a pond and Sullivan, Missouri has hundreds of dead birds lining a street of their town. This makes 19 events total with the 15 events last week with the new four events this week.

Here is the complete list:

*December 30 - dead fish totaling 100,00, started washing up along the sides of the Arkansas River.

*December 30 - dead fish, over 100 tons of sardines, croakers, and cat fish wash ashore in Rio De Janerio.

*December 31 - thousands of dead birds, red winged black birds are found in Bebe, Arkansas.

*January 1 - hundreds of dead birds found near Murray State University in Kentucky .

*January 4 - 500 dead birds, red wing black birds, found along highway in Point Coupee Parish, Louisiana.

*January 4 - hundreds of dead fish wash up on the shores of St Clair River Sania, Ontario, Canada.

*January 4 - thousands of dead fish on the banks of Spruce Creek, in Orange, Florida.

*January 5 - Chesapeake Bay in Maryland sees the biggest mass kill off to date, 2 million fish.

*January 5 - Tyler Texas reports 200 dead birds.

*January 5 - 150 dead birds surface in Wilson, Tennessee.

* January 5 - 50 - 100 dead birds, crows, found on a street in Falkoeping, West Sweden.

*January 5 - Kent England, 40,000 dead velvet swimming crabs, wash ashore.

*January 5 - New Zealand, hundreds of red snapper was ashore many of these fish have no eyes.

January 5 - another dead bird event, which are the white doves in Italy. These dead birds were found to have killed themselves by over eating, authorities report, according to the Huffington Post.

On January 6 - thousands of dead fish washed ashore on Folly Beach in South Carolina, according to ABC News

January 9 - dead birds were found along a stretch of Highway 101 in California.

January 10 - dead fish were discovered floating around the Chicago lake front and harbors. Another strange event that was documented in Chicago was that Canadian Geese and Mallard Ducks were feeding off the dead fish. This is not something that is in these birds diets, according to Huffington Post.

January 11 - dead birds reported found along the street in Sullivan Missouri, according to Fox News 2.

January 12 - Manchester England reports hundreds of dead fish floating in a pond in that city.

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture...ith-latest-dead-fish-manchester#ixzz1B0NKe8DU

Edit: why do you say million of fish and not millionS of fisheS ? Tricky english is tricky and confuses me. =)

Last edited:
As far as brownout goes I agree with many of the things he says. Its his incoherent and usually off subject mental wanderings while acting like they are rational and well thought out ideas and its everyone else who does not get them, thats what gets to me.

I've been posting in here for well over a year, and nobody other than this member ever has a problem understanding what I'm writing, or getting the rational logic behind my contributions. As far as being incoherent and off-topic, I've never seen any member do this as often as tcmtech. His obsession with my postings comes, no doubt, for his utter failure to ever find any problems with the information I contribute, or to prove any error in my facts or the way I present them, despite numerous attempts to do so. No member goes on more off topic rants or abuses the site nearly as much as he does. No other member posts more irrelevant, extraneous and specious information, while accusing other members of doing the same. Seriously, Electro-Master, the site owner, has PM'd me to ask what his problem is. LOL! He's the only member that's allowed to call other members "morons" "idiots" etc.

So, to think we will ever find agreement is wishful thinking.

Last edited:
I was responding to KV regarding the thread topic but if you insist on being part of this conversation then so be it. :(

Seriously, Electro-Master, the site owner, has PM'd me to ask what his problem is. LOL!

Well if that is true and you have Electromaster himself in your back pocket that would explain why so many people seem to feel the report button doesn't work and it does sort of explain the how and why of threads just disappearing whenever you go off the deep end while everyone else gets reprimanded instead. We all have all seen it and many have had it happen and wondered why well now we have some idea as to the why part. :eek:

Personally if Electromaster himself explains his reasons behind all of this and his affiliation with you I will believe it but for the most part I and many others know you tend to embellish and exaggerate about who you associate with here on a regular basis.

At least this post of yours was coherent this time so I assume you must have took your meds and a nap before composing it.:)

I was responding to KV regarding the thread topic but if you insist on being part of this conversation then so be it.

It is you who perpetuates this infintile back and forth, and I'm sure it's plain to just about everyone.

Well if that is true and you have Electromaster himself in your back pocket that would explain why so many people seem to feel the report button doesn't work and it does sort of explain the how and why of threads just disappearing whenever you go off the deep end while everyone else gets reprimanded instead. We all have all seen it and many have had it happen and wondered why well now we have some idea as to the why part.

Who exactly are we? I think it's only you. The only threads I've been on that disappear are those where you go on your typical off topic rants and try to make uninformed personal comments, as though you actually know enough about me to accurately judge ( you don't )

And, as I clearly said before, EM wrote to me after reading one of your hissy fits, and asked if I knew what your problem was. I just told him it was typical, and the mods never seem to care how much you abuse the forum or it's members.

Personally if Electromaster himself explains his reasons behind all of this and his affiliation with you I will believe it but for the most part I and many others know you tend to embellish and exaggerate about who you associate with here on a regular basis.

Well, isn't that just another absurd lie, since I don't even talk about who I associate with here on a regular basis. But in fact, you constantly make remarks about who does and who does not appreciate my contributions, as though you have all these associations, which I'm sure you do not.

At least this post of yours was coherent this time so I assume you must have took your meds and a nap before composing it.

Too bad I can't say the same about your post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back