DVD player problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

well, the neighbor was throwing out a perfectly good SYLVANIA DVC860D Video cassette/DVD player combo. So I picked it up "Manufactured in 2004". The VCR Aspect of it works perfectly. The dvd is another story. When I try to play a dvd you can hear it clicking as it spins. Then there's a no disc error on the tv. I opened the cover and lifted up on the spin mechanism. Then I inserted a DVD and it played! After about 30 mintues the movie froze, and now it is saying no disc error. I was thinking it was a unbalanced spin mechanism? How can I cheaply repair this.

The most common fault is the laser assembly, that's the first thing to try replacing - it may not be worth bothering with?.

I had exactly the same problem with a cd player. When the repair guy looked at it he told me it was the laser assembly and not to bother getting it repaired, it was cheaper to buy a new player.

Yeah true, You can buy a decent DVD player for around $50. The whole design looks cheap compared to older DVD/VCR's I played around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…