Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dust sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good idea. You will find a lot of helpful folks here, only do not ask someone to design something for you as we do not condone doing homework, as the whole idea is for you to learn:)

When you do get stuck on a design issue, then by all means ask.

yeah..i know..thanks a lot..you're a big help ..

to detect dust on the floor the best way is to have a light beam send in a sertain angle and picked up by the IR TX sensor

if there is dust there will be no reflection or in a different angle and out shouting the sensor

the sensor should be put fairly close to the ground the beam must be very narrow also

still you will have funny results as colors and no level surfaces

so there are quite some conditions that have to be right in order to make it work

Robert-Jan

thanks for the ideas ..its a big help..

thre is an indicator when it senses dust and stops automatically when there is no dust..

One more thought.
I would not stop the vacuum at the first indication of no dust eg. cleaner first starts out varoom cleans spot A on floor, now spot A is spic and dust free. Cleaner detects no more dust and stops.

Here I am kicking the thing to finish cleaning the room... See my point? You need some Dust search and destroy algorithm.

Last edited:
On the floor directly under the robot? Then perhaps the link I posted on your other thread will help: it's for detecting dust on a surface beneath the sensor. It should be possible to modify for your uses, depending on the kind of surface you'll be on and what amount of dust you want to detect.

It's more or less the same idea that Mike posted, but instead of detecting the dust in a tube it does it by bouncing the light off the floor and seeing how much is reflected. More light reflected means less dust.

Torben

[Edit: Note that neither I nor the author (apparently) have actually built the circuit in that link. :) ]

thanks for the time...it really helped me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back