Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual D flip flop CD4013

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh

Hi,
I am using the CD4013 flipflop for my project.
Normally in a D-flipflop Q follows D when the clk is given.I have shortcircuited D and (Qbar) so that it should act like loop whennever the clock is given.when clk is 0 ,Qhould be 0.When clk is 1 will be 1.But it si not happening.
Please clear me and if possible send me the datasheet

bai.

When you connect D of D-Filp-flop to Q\ the flip-flop will turn into a toggle flip-flop and the output (Q) will toggle on each of the clock pulse. So it Q won't be 1 when clock is 1 and 0 when clock is 0.

But why would you want to connect Q to D when D and Q are essentially tied together anyway. Doesn't Q follow D anyway. So lets say you D flip-flop is positive triggered, then whenever the clock pulse goes high, D goes to whatever you have connected to it(lets say +5), therefore Q goes high. But maybe that's not what you wanted. Okay. Why don't you just tie D to the clk. So now if you clock is pulsating, D will be pulsating, and Q will be pulsating.
Maybe I'm way off.

If you tie CLK to D then, there is no meaning in using flip-flop.

suresh said:
I have shortcircuited D and (Qbar).

This should indeed produce a 'toggle' flip-flop, a divide-by-two action. If it doesn't there may be something wrong with the 4013 or your wiring :(

See **broken link removed** for some info.

Essentially, that is what I figured he wanted it to do. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back