Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual 7 segment counting circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just purchased 2 "Single Digit Counter" Circuits from www.edutek.ltd.co.uk

Is it possible to join these circuits to a Dual Digit counter, capable of counts to 99? Very inexperienced with these circuits, so any hel would be greatly appreciated.

EDUTEK - Electronic Projects for students - Electronic Kits and PCB available, pre-programmed PIC's, Electronic Hobby Projects

Under : GCSE Projects.

Thanks, Ian.

hi,
Can you see the type number marked on the IC's.?

It should be possible to connect in series.

hi Ian,
Look at this image.

AAesp02..gif

hi Ian,
If you decide to modify the circuit pcb, you could also add this RESET mod that will set the counters to '00'

AAesp02..gif

Hi, I'll be usng a pressure pad to trigger the count on every second input. Therefore, I wil need to add a 4017 divider circuit? Will this be possible when both counting circuits are joined together?

Hi, I'll be usng a pressure pad to trigger the count on every second input. Therefore, I wil need to add a 4017 divider circuit? Will this be possible when both counting circuits are joined together?

hi,
That should be OK, make sure you connect to 0V and +V of the 4017 IC to the display pcb.
For the output of the 4017, the '0' is high when the 4017 has been RESET, so the 2nd pulse will be on output '2'.

How do you plan to reset the 4017 back to zero? '0'

Draw a diagram and post it.

I have no idea. Like I said, very new to this and working off text book diagrams and little knowledge..

I may be a while with the diagram!

I have no idea. Like I said, very new to this and working off text book diagrams and little knowledge..

I may be a while with the diagram!

OK,
Give it a try and we will talk you thru it.

BTW:
4017 IC's and 4026 are CMOS technology are susceptible to electro static damage.
So take when handling CMOS devices, try to wear a earthing wrist strap.

Google: for earthing wrist strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back