Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytech

Actually i wanted to know what type of tone would be available at pin 7. after constructed the circuit i gave tone o/p to input to the amp. but when i press the key it doesn't make any sense.. will it make sound if the circuit works?.. or let me know some ideas about that tone.. thanks..

Attachments

• dtmfencoder.jpg
    dtmfencoder.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 243
You need to connect this circuit to an oscilloscope or a speaker to test it.

You could probably connect a high impedance piezo speaker to pin 7 or use an LM386 to drive an 8:eek:hm: speaker.

Yes i gave the o/p of 7 to Hi-Fi system Aux input.. but doesn't make any sound..
So it needs to amplify, then only it makes sound right.. will try with oscilloscope..

Also gonna transmit tone via rf, should i have to amplify before give input to transmitter?.. thanks for reply..

Did you connect the 0V rail to the 0V side of the Hi-Fi's aux input?

I don't know what input your transmitter requires, you might even need an attenuator.

There are better ways of transmitting information over and RF link that DTMF.

yes sir i connected ground and 7th pin output to audio system say Left channel alone like mono input.. and then pressed the key.. i just tested encoder alone..

Here is my proj.

Attachments

• 70031a13.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,515
You left out some important parts.
Add R1,R2,C1,C2 you might have more luck. Plus replace your zener you've probably killed it. And you probably don't need the zener if you're using 5V
Pin 7 is open collector, you've got to add a pullup. It's all in the datasheet.

Thanks sir, And i am using another separate transmitter not mentioned in the above circuit. so i need to generate dtmf tone alone. still i have some confusion
because data sheet contains lots more connection..

If i have dtmf generator circuit alone it would be much better to experience with.. thanks.

Ok sir, can you tell me the value of pulldown resistor..
Shall i follow the circuit mentioned above to generate tone?
A small doubt, i am generating dtmf tone alone , is that R2 & C1 belongs to dtmf circuit or fm circuit.. thanks

blueroomelectronics said:
Plus replace your zener you've probably killed it.
I can't believe I didn't notice that.

blueroomelectronics said:
Plus replace your zener you've probably killed it.

sorry for the inconvenience, what i have to replace.. what would happen if the zener connected like this?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back