Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to Electronics-Stepper Motor, Drives, Microcontroller, Rotary Encoders

Status
Not open for further replies.
kg cm is an abuse of metric units. Slight improvement would be kgF*cm but N*cm would be what someone with a science or engineering degree would use. I think "kg cm" as a unit of torque might be reserved for arts majors from a second-class school.
haha this is funny

I prefer ft. lbs. unless it is a very low torque value that would result in decimal form, then I'd go to in. lbs. and from there I'd go to oz. in.

I have yet to determine the torque required to turn the adjustment knob on the Wilwood Hydraulic Brake Proportioning Valve but I did talk to Wilwood and they said it takes a complete 8 turns from fully closed to fully open. That means there is a 7.125% reduction in rear braking for every turn clockwise from fully open.

A proportional valve is like a position-seated valve so the seal is never really dependent on torque. So the torque needed to move the valve could be fairly light for a water valve (200-300 in-lbs). I have no guess how the stem is designed to insure there is no air leak in or fluid leak out. I'll be impressed if you're not adding air to the line every time the knob is turned - requiring you to bleed your breaks regularly. Or, you'll have to make your adjustments while the brakes are pressurized but that will make the knob harder to turn. Good luck.
I won't be making adjustments to the brakes while applying them not that that would make a difference and I'm pretty sure the valve is designed not to "add air to the line every time the knob is turned", its a valve designed specifically for hydraulic brake bias adjustment and that is exactly what I'm using it for. It is also fairly expensive and is made by a well known, reputable comapny. Why would you assume it would leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back