Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF Dowbt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reply, And Not yet using pic, if possible i vl do...
Is there any market IC has that function?..

DTMF is 1970's (or earlier?) technology, it hasn't been used for years now in anything new - no one is going to make an IC that's long obselete and no one wants.

Remote controls have been digital for decades.

Thanks really nice link, but the problem is.. i hav very short time to finish my proj. thats why...

A microcontroller, a Keeloq one would be a good bet. It's what they use in the automotive industry, my car has a Keeloq PIC in the key.
Like I said, if its for your final University project then pick a subject you know if you want any chance of finishing it on time.
DTMF is for telephones and 1970 security systems.

Actually not for telephone dialing.. say
To control 10 doors using 4 digit passwords(wireless) i decided via dtmf to open and close... if you hav any other idea let me know..

mytech said:
Actually not for telephone dialing.. say
To control 10 doors using 4 digit passwords(wireless) i decided via dtmf to open and close... if you hav any other idea let me know..

Like we've said all along, that's 1970's technology - digital took over years ago, you should use Keeloq like Bill suggested.

[To control 10 doors using 4 digit passwords(wireless) i decided via dtmf to open and close...]

Any sample circuits...

Sorry not yet built any circuit using microcontroller..
I am on it.. right now started studying it.. thats why i asked available ICs..
Can you tell me little more about keeloq.. thanks

Two months to design and submit your design, with no prior microcontroller experience. No real idea either, you're still in the planning / concept stage.
Did you read the Keeloq documents on Microchips site, or try google "keeloq"?
We don't know where you're located, can you readily buy components?

Thanks for you kind reply,
Actually we already planned everything..
And i have experienced with some ICs but not with pic..
Like i have done lots of mini projects..

This time for DTMF i thought of using KT8870 and UM91214B..
I asked any other better ICs for this application...
I know pic is a perfect solution, but i hav little afraid bec. i hav to submit within 2 months.. And For me not necessary to complete project using pic... Due to these reasons only i asked available ICs..

Are you saying that you actually have a source for those obsolete chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back