Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC-154026 decoder as DTMF receiver from audio jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harish_d_j

HI All,

I'm trying to build a DTMF controlled robot.
I have mc-145026 circuit, can i use it as receiver from my mobile's DTMF tone, using an audio jack?
The link below shows the details of the circuit, i wanna use only receiver(Rx) along with mobile phone.
https://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=459

i tried, did not succeed. i might have made some mistake(i'm not sure of the connection).
I want to know if:
1. It can be done?
2. How?

Kindly give your suggestions.

Thank you.

can i use it as receiver from my mobile's DTMF tone
As far as I know mobiles don't send DTMF tones, do you have an app or something?
The link below shows the details of the circuit
That link has no details. Do you have a schematic?
i tried, did not succeed
What did you try?
1. It can be done?
Do you mean can it be done? Maybe but you would still need a wire to your robot.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

When u turn on dial tone and press the keys in the dialpad, it generates DTMF right?

What did you try?

I connected the AUDIO JACK to the input of the of the receiver. Powered it ON and pressed the keys,
no output.

i dont have soft copy of the schematics friend.

When u turn on dial tone and press the keys in the dialpad, it generates DTMF right?
I don't know, can you hear dial tones in the headphones when you try that?
I connected the AUDIO JACK to the input of the of the receiver. Powered it ON and pressed the keys,
Whit out a schematic we don't know how to hook it up or what level signal the receiver needs.
i dont have soft copy of the schematics friend.
Did it come with a schematic? Can you post a picture?
With out a schematic we can not help you.

Yes as implied the headphone jack o/p may not have the dtmf tones on it, plug in a pair of headphones and try it, if you cant hear dtmf tones then thats the problem.

I built a dtmf code lock a bit back which worked from a mobile, the circuit has a mic, you hold up the phone to the mic and type in the number, the circuit picks up the tones from the phone using the mic, might not have the range to control a robot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back