Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DT830x Multimeter Circuit Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all likelihood it contains a custom chip that performs most of the functions and it's very unlikely you'll find a circuit diagram.

Can i ask why you want one?

i have got a circuit diagram for this. but it's little clumsy to understand. will post it in few minutes. i wanted it to be used to measure voltage, with some modifications.

nice that you have the concerned sch. Once the switch is placed on DC V and concerned range, you can always measure. If switch is faulty , Concerned pins can be shorted and permanently it becomes a DC DVM OR AC depending on which one you selected.

what is it you wanted to know?
the link below has many such diagrams , perhaps many dmms sch are loaded.
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=d..._pw.r_qf.&fp=f34040524b906f93&biw=960&bih=613

Last edited:
Hi, long time...
what i wanted to do is to dismantle the DMM (in above picture) and only use it for AC Voltage Measurement. I'll be doing some modifications to this circuit based on the requirement of my project.

better NOT to.
now a days Modern DMMs are coming with all SM<Ds .
Use of such modules for continuous measurement of AC ( with fluctuations ) might reuslt in damage to the module as many smd resistors might blow off.

better NOT to.
now a days Modern DMMs are coming with all SM<Ds .
Use of such modules for continuous measurement of AC ( with fluctuations ) might reuslt in damage to the module as many smd resistors might blow off.

so, i think it will at least work well if i can reproduce it. I'm not getting any other suitable circuit for this part.

try to manage some old dt830 with through hole parts and that might work for long run

try to manage some old dt830 with through hole parts and that might work for long run

yeah... but i'm not gonna use it continuously for sure. Hope it won't impair the model's working.i think i wont get a through hole dt830 nowadays. anyway will check the type of the DMM, and will reply.

I think this (7107 Voltmeter) could help me. Have a look at it, anything wrong?

Sorry, this is only for DC. I'm looking for AC.

Thanks for the reply. There are some example circuits in the datasheet. i think 3 1/2 ADC can do the job.

Why do i need to use this IC to convert AC to DC?
7107.JPG
Ref: 7107

Last edited:
This IC is not for converting AC to DC.
It is for lighting up the display (LCD or LED) displaying the voltage it reads.

The AC to DC conversion is done by the far left 1N4007 diode (in the schematic).

you get a ready module cheaply, may be you like LED panel meters for AC voltage measurement. and waht to experience making one from scratch.
secondly
there are some elektor designs of previous decades for dpm modules with LCD glass. it would consume less.

you get a ready module cheaply, may be you like LED panel meters for AC voltage measurement. and waht to experience making one from scratch.
secondly
there are some elektor designs of previous decades for dpm modules with LCD glass. it would consume less.

Right, i'm going to try doing this using the DT930. But, will have to remove the extra components from it, it will be a pain though.

Right, i'm going to try doing this using the DT930. But, will have to remove the extra components from it, it will be a pain though.

why should you remove other components?
Just remove the rotary switch
imagine which locations are to be connected , say for 230V AC or 750V AC range
solder them accordingly
close the round hole by some decorative , your AC voltmeter is ready !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back