Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS1337 RTC chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin_t

Hi

Ive interfaced a maxim DS1337+S with an atmel ATMEGA162 and am bit banging a TWI interface between the 2.
Up unitl now i have only been using hours and minutes, which is working great. To display, ive been adding the value to and SRAM location table and outputing the word on a 7 seg display.

Im now looking to use the date, month and year registers and do the same type of operation. The date and month are working fine for me but when i set the time to 31-12-99 and let the time roll over to midnight, the year display reads 80 instead of the expected 00. I know its probably something im overlooking in my program but was wondering if any one had come across a similar problem with this type of interface?

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back