Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ild6150 led driver chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hi All,

I have a problem about ILD6150 chip of LED driver. Here let me tell about it..
I have attached the exact circuit schmatic of the circuit. Design was build for 42v input voltage and must drive 1.4A , 36V jog led. The circuit was fine when i attached 36V , 0.3A of led , it worked but it was blinking ( on/off) like every 2secs of on time. Off time was very short like 100mS but human eye can see clearly that led light went off . After that i connected 36V 50w of led on the circuit , chip done its works around 5secs. Current was around 1A. But after that time , chip smoked and dead .
I have thought that it may happen cause thermal power dissipation of chip but should't it protect itself from thermal heat !
I tried to tell as much as i can. If there any missing information please tell.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Schematic_led proje_2022-11-18.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 211
Is the inductor rated for a high enough DC current?
If the inductor core saturates, it would pretty much become a short circuit and things go very wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back