Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving a 4046 PLL input with Logic level , Transistor amp info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried the HC version at 5 volts (I said I would try this first before the HCT) and it works perfectly. In fact it is a HC7046, which is a HC4046 with in built lock detector output, which is useful. Previously I was using phase det 1 's output to drive a transistor and LED as a lock indicator.

next job is to try and perfect the loop filter! Currently I have a lag-lead op-amp based one. I need to modulate the VCO, so the cutoff frequency will need to be low enough not to strip the modulation, ideally for best square wave response I need to get it down into sub Hz region, but will need a dual time constant to get it into lock, then use the lock indication to switch in a slower time constant. I also want to minimise phase noise! should be fun! - are you , or any one else reading this PLL experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back