Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hello folks,

What's the best to use software (rather simple) to create drawings like bellow.
What software do you use to do so?
Microsoft Paint is a weak software to do so I think?

Attachments

• I_2_tt35-web.png
    I_2_tt35-web.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Hello folks,

What's the best to use software (rather simple) to create drawings like bellow.
What software do you use to do so?
Microsoft Paint is a weak software to do so I think?

I think adobe flash would do it. They have some free trial stuff.

You could even animate the sound it has some tutorials to follow but it's not difficult.

kv

Last edited:
Google Sketchup has some potential ... not too difficult with a little practice.

The main objections would be that you have to make a 2d jpg file of your 3d sketch if you want to share it with anyone. You can send the 3d file versions, if you pay a significant fee.

Last edited:
Smartdraw is cool too.

The Gimp.
GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

It's on par with Photoshop as far as features go, but it's not excessively easy to use. Would take a while to learn.

I think a vector based drawing program is more of what Op is looking for. PShop and clones are more suited for high res graphics and image manipulation.

my 4 cents.

The drawing program in the Open Office Org suite is a useful 3D capable package.

OpenOffice Draw?
Draw

woop, you beat me to the punch eric =)

OpenOffice does not seem to be free anymore. I tried to DL it awhile back and they required a fee to get it. FYI

OpenOffice does not seem to be free anymore. I tried to DL it awhile back and they required a fee to get it. FYI

hi,
Just tried SCs 'draw' link, no problem, pay is optional.

Its a biggy about 148Meg.:)

Inkscape is another one to look at. It's not feature-complete but it is pretty powerful.

Torben

WHAT!
Openoffice.org is free and will always be free, it is gpl code
There is only one site to get Openoffice from
OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite - you may have stumbled upon another site trying to con users

As far as images are concerned
GIMP GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program for RASTER editing
INKSCAPE Inkscape. Draw Freely. for VECTOR editing

I personally prefer a combination of the two. Bulk of the work done in Inkscape and then final touchup in GIMP

I like OpenOffice.org draw and Inkscape most.

I could never be bothered with GIMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back