Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Don't know where I stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King

I am a student and I am now working on a project and have disided to go all the way for my level. I have been told 300 times now that the projects I want to do are degree level and I should stand back.
I have learned all about stamps, nuts, pwb, and so on, I only understand what they are used for and have no idea how to use them.
OK down to what I need to know> I need to know what I have to do to build from scratch a step or servo motor controller that can control the position the shaft is in, not only that but I need to control the direction the shaft turns in. I understand that this is relitivly simple matter, the interface is the tricy part. I was trying to use a keypad with a an 8 bit bus to typ in the andgel but quickly relised that creating the keypad itself would be a project. I was also told I could use and operational aplifier how ever that seems to simplistic.
What I hope to achieve. I hope to beable to control a (dc)servo or (dc)step motor shafts position and direction of turning. I wish to make this automated so it would repeat the same movement over and over again.

If any one can, could they please direct me to a web-page with scamatic diagrames of such a controller. I also relise that I may need to use a stamp to create this controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back