Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does every common pin have to be connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I'm working with an ADXL335 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/12/ADXL335.pdf) - it's a QFN package and I see there are a few pins all labelled as "common". Will it be alright if I just use one of the common pins for my circuitry, or should spread my connections around and use as many as possible? What's the difference?

Similarly, can i just use one of the supply voltage pins (I see they have two labelled "Vs")?

i would definatly advise that all common pins are connected so that there may be no problems when using the chip

Common pins are most usually connected together, it is sometimes for the IC stability since there are issues like internal capacitance, etc. Better connect them together.

Typically you must connect all supply pins to their appropriate levels. You have no idea how the bond wires attach to the die internally or even the structure of the die at that. Always connect everything when it comes to power and ground terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back